When it comes to the health of your carpets, you want to extend their life for as many years as you can.
By keeping your carpets in tip top shape, you increase the resale value of your home and ensure that you’ll always have nice carpets to come home to.
In this buying guide, we’re going to be looking at the buying factors that go into shopping for a best carpet steam cleaner, plus three products that we hand picked on Amazon because they scored really high in the reviews. The Amazon score is a really good indication of product quality.
- 1 Best Carpet Steam Cleaner In 2018 Compared
- 2 Carpet Steam Cleaner Reviews In Details
- 3 Carpet Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
Best Carpet Steam Cleaner In 2018 Compared
20.5 x 11 x 42.2
20.2 x 15.8 x 29.2
13 x 14 x 15
Carpet Steam Cleaner Reviews In Details
BISSELL Big Green 86T3 Carpet Cleaner Review
When you’re ready for one of the very best carpet machines out there, check out the Bissel Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine. As reported on Amazon, it does a better job than even the most expensive rental machines.
The secret to its effectiveness is the DirtLifter PowerBrushes. It’s even great for stairs! The included hose and tough stains tool works on more than just carpets.
A flow indicator lets you know when it’s time to check the tanks and change/add more water or solution. Separate clean and dirty water tanks ensure that you’re always using pure water and solution to get your carpets their cleanest. In both backward and forward motion, it cleans your carpet in both directions.
The Amazon review score is all the evidence you need that this is one of the best carpet cleaners on the market. 5 out of 5 stars across 136 reviews. You can’t do better than that!
- Cleans In Forward And Backward Motion.
- Dual Tanks For Clean And Dirty Water.
- Tank Flow Indicator Lets You Know When To Refill.
- Multiple DirtLifter PowerBrushes.
- Anti Tip Design.
- In carpet cleaning competitions, this unit is the proven winner!
- Extra long power cord.
- Cleans whether you’re pushing it forward or backward.
- Large tanks hold lots of water – Less frequent water changings.
- This machine is expensive, but the incredible performance is worth it.
- Very fast carpet drying times.
- Easy setup in 15 minutes – Clear instructions.
- Gets more dirt out of carpets than two competing models combined.
- Included wand can clean couch and chair fabrics.
- Vacuum before deep cleaning and be amazed by the results!
- Bissell cleaning solutions leave your carpet smelling great!
- The large size makes it difficult to get underneath the sides of a bed.
- A bit heavy for some.
Hoover F7452900 MaxExtract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner Review
With a 12 amp motor, this machine has all the power you need in a stand up machine. The Dual-V feature ensures that you get equally powerful suction across the entire nozzle, not just a small area. The SpinScrub brushes feature heated cleaning that brings up more dirt and stains than other carpet cleaners. It includes hard surface accessories so you can do more with the machine without paying additional costs.
The wash, scrub, rinse, and heated drying features will have your carpets looking like new in no time flat. This machine has all of Hoover’s best design features installed. With no belts to interfere with the cleaning or break, you can be sure this is one long lasting machine that’s built really well.
In the Amazon review section, you can see how well this product did. 4 out of 5 stars across a whopping 453 reviews is a pretty good score.
- 12 Amp Motor.
- Patented SpinScrub Brushes.
- Auto-Rinse Feature.
- Dual V Technology Creates Equal Suction Across The Entire Nozzle.
- Hard Floor Accessories For Added Value.
- Included attachments for cleaning upholstery, shower doors, and more!.
- Eight foot hose.
- Soft wheels.
- Two 1 gallon water tanks for clean/detergent water and dirty water.
- 1 Year Warranty.
- 2 hours after cleaning, your carpets will be nearly dry!
- Does a great job on tile.
- Uses much less cleaning solution than competing brands.
- Separate cleaning solution tank allows you to change water without having to add more solution.
- Rinse button allows you to clean up soapy spots easily.
- Easy to use without training.
- Included attachments work great for upholstery and other jobs.
- Time tested Hoover quality.
- Cleaning the machine is easy.
- Great for homes with pets.
- Extremely hot water can crack the tanks.
- Plastic construction can break if you abuse it.
Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System Review
For anyone looking for an effective and low priced option for steam cleaning, the Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System is one product you might really want to consider. The low price is attractive, but it’s the Amazon review score that really made us look twice. 4 out of 5 stars across 75 customer reviews is really good, and that means that the great majority of people rated this item at a full 5 stars! Way to go Vapamore!
This product is suitable to clean and sanitize your entire home without the use of harsh chemicals or abrasives! Consumers Digest rated this product at number one because it works so well. It’s ETL safety certified and has an ergonomic design that’s easy to work with.
The steam output is fully adjustable, and you’ll be amazed by the amount of steam it generates when it gets going. It takes about 11 minutes to get to steaming temperature, and after that, you’ll be ready to do some serious household cleaning.
This product comes with a variety of different attachments and nozzle tips that allow you to do more without spending more! With that said, let’s take a closer look at the features:
- Operation Indicator Lights
- Stainless Steel Boiler
- Patented Ergonomic Design
- Fully Adjustable/Knob Controlled Steam Output
- Electronic Solenoid That Eliminates Condensation Buildup
- Accessory Caddy
- 18 Foot Retractable Power Cord
- Carrying Handle and Rubber Grip
- Arrives from Amazon well packaged and protected
- Knob on the front of the unit allows you to adjust the steam output to meet your needs
- Using the nearest Dollar Store, you can buy microfiber rags to use as wiping cloths – No need to waste your money on the factory made pads
- You can get your whole household clean without using harmful chemicals
- Included steam gun is light and easy to handle
- Makes a great Christmas or holiday gift!
- Steam rate and flow rate are excellent on this machine
- Many people with allergies find that their symptoms disappear after using this machine
- This machine works just as well as steam cleaners that cost twice as much!
- Developed according to user feedback for results that are actually worth it
- Some reports of this company not honoring their warranty properly. They simply repair them and won’t ship brand new units out
- Overall it’s a good deal for the asking price
Haan SI-35 Steam Cleaning Floor Sanitizer and Vapor Steamer Review
While the product guide is for carpet steam cleaners, we know that people also have hardwood floors in their home. The Haan SI-35 Steam Cleaning Floor Sanitizer and Vapor Steamer is able to effectively clean hardwood floors with high steam temperatures of 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
It kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria through the temperature of the steam. It’s extremely small and compact, allowing you to get into corners and tight spots easily.
Ready to function in less than three minutes, each tank of water will give you 20 minutes of steam cleaning power. It functions without harsh chemicals or abrasives, and will get your hardwood floors and other hard surfaces clean every time.
For the price of the Haan Vapor Steamer you really can’t go wrong. It’s affordable and designed with your ultimate happiness in mind.
- 212 degrees of steam kills 99.9% of germs.
- Uses only steam – no harsh chemicals.
- 13.5 ounce removable water tank.
- Weighs under 5 lbs with a full tank of water.
- 19.5 feet of cord.
- Includes floor protector and microfiber pads.
- 1 year warranty.
- One tank of water lasts over 20 minutes.
- Small enough to fit under almost anything.
- Even difficult jobs like hairspray residue is removed in under 2 minutes!
- No waiting for the tank to cool down – Simply remove the tank and refill when ready.
- Super thick and absorbent microfiber towels.
- Very quiet operation.
- Removes tough pet odors with one use!
- Affordable price.
- Only 30 seconds to 3 minutes to heat up.
- Lots of steam power in a compact unit.
- People say they would buy this model again if asked to.
- Easy to store away due to the compact size.
- Microfiber pads clean up nicely in the washing machine.
- Does not have a swivel head.
- Cord is shorter than a few competing models.
Carpet Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
1. Motor Power
A motor power of 12 amps is sufficient for difficult cleaning tasks. This is generally the most sought after power level for carpet steam cleaners. More than likely, the carpet steam cleaner you’ll be considering purchasing will have 12 amps of power.
2. Solution Tank And Collection Tank
The best carpet steam cleaners will come with a collection tank that holds the dirty water and a solution tank that holds the clean water with added solution. The tanks should be adequate enough to allow for hours of use before removing and refilling of the tanks. The tank capacity should be at least 1 gallon.
3. Power Scrub Brushes
Quality powered scrub brushes are necessary to remove difficult stains and dirt. The suction power of the carpet steam cleaner will then be able to remove the offending dirt and grime and leave you with a fresh, like new carpet to enjoy. Check the amazon reviews to ensure that the carpet cleaner you’re looking at has enough brushes and is powerful enough to remove difficult stains.
4. Width Of Cleaning Path
The width of the cleaning path should be at least 10.5″. Some widths are slightly larger and some are slightly smaller, but generally they should be nearly a foot wide cleaning width.
5. Rinsing Feature
The ability of a carpet steam cleaner to rinse the carpet after scrubbing with water solution is necessary to avoid causing damage to the carpet. Look for carpet steam cleaners that are able to rinse the carpet clean with fresh water.
6. Should Leave Carpets Dry After Cleaning – Low Flow Technology
A good carpet cleaner will leave your carpets moist but dry overall. You don’t want a product that’s going to leave a wet, puddle like carpet behind after cleaning. You can see from the Amazon reviews about peoples experiences, and how dry the carpet steam cleaner will leave the carpet after cleaning. This is achieved by using low flow technology that doesn’t use too much water to get the job done.
7. Attachments For Stairs And Other Surfaces
Having the ability to use attachments to clean stairs and other surfaces will save money over the cost of renting or buying other products to accomplish the same tasks. You can really save a lot of money if your carpet steam cleaner can help you to remove soap scum from shower doors, clean the stairs, and clean your upholstery.
8. Warranty, Brand Name, And Amazon Review Score
All quality carpet steam cleaners will come with a warranty. Generally, anywhere from 1-3 years is a good warranty period. If anything goes wrong with the machine during this period, you can simply get a refund. Also, you should be sure that you choose from a brand name company, as the quality of your product is guaranteed to be good with a reputable manufacturer like Bissel, Dirt Devil, Haan, and Hoover.
Lastly, reading the Amazon review score is a very good indication of product quality, so you should definitely browse through these to ensure that the product you’re considering is genuinely worth the price.