Corded electric lawn mowers can create all kinds of problems when mowing. The cord can get tangled in the wheels, come unplugged, and just add that extra obstacle of a going over it with every pass. With best cordless electric lawn mower, you’re free of all of this and can enjoy the freedom of mowing your lawn without anything getting in the way.
These machines do a superb job of cutting lawns, and in this article we’re going to be looking at the features to consider when buying one. We’re also going to list three cordless electric lawn mower reviews that really made the grade and are worth your hard earned money.
- 1 Best Cordless Electric Lawn Mower In 2018 – Compared
- 2 Cordless Electric Lawn Mower Buying Guide
- 3 Best Cordless Electric Lawn Mower Reviews In Details
Best Cordless Electric Lawn Mower In 2018 – Compared
24.1 x 22.2 x 37.4
13.2 x 16.1 x 26.8
19.5 x 20.66 x 29.2
Cordless Electric Lawn Mower Buying Guide
When you want to change the way you mow your lawns to something easier and more efficient, you need to make the change from gasoline lawn mowers to the new electric models. Cordless electric lawn mowers allow you to cut your lawn without using gasoline, an innovation that has just lately taken the Internet by storm.
Here are some features you should look for in a cordless lawn mower.
1. Battery Capacity And Lifespan
Most cordless lawn mowers come with 18-36 volts of onboard battery power. The batteries are usually designed with Ni-Cad or lead acid construction. You can recharge these batteries about 500 times if all conditions are right. Then when the battery gets old, you simply buy a replacement battery and you’re back to 100% functionality.
Most of these batteries are high tech and will last much longer than the 60 minute batteries of the past. Read the documentation about the product to find out how long the specific model will last without having to charge it.
2. Overall Cost
The cost of a replacement battery and the cordless lawn mower itself should be taken into consideration before making a purchase. What if you have to replace the mower, how much will it cost? What about the battery? How much will it cost to buy a replacement? These are the only real costs involved with owning a cordless electric lawn mower, so ensure you spend your money on a mower that’s going to last and provide a long battery life for the price you pay.
3. Mulch Creation And Bagging Of Clippings
Some electric lawn mowers will give you the option of creating a beneficial mulch. The mulch will end up decomposing and add life to a fading lawn. Otherwise, you can choose to have the clippings sent to the bag behind the mower or have them discarded out the side or rear of the unit without mulching them.
4. Self Propelled Or Push Style Mower
Do you enjoy the workout of pushing a lawn mower to cut the grass, or are you the type of person that likes a more effortless lawn mowing experience? They make both types, so be sure to read the details about the product to find out if it is a self propelled or a push style mower.
Cordless electric lawn mowers are usually 30 lbs heavier than corded models. The additional weight can make the battery not last as long and require a recharge. If it’s a push style, you have to factor in the extra weight in how it will affect your body when pushing it. If you get tired easily, look for a lighter mower or opt for a self propelled model.
Not all manufacturers are making quality cordless electric lawn mowers. Some of them are down right despicable. Make sure you choose a quality manufacturer. Worx, Earthwise, and Black and Decker are making some fantastic cordless electric lawn mowers. You can read the glowing reviews on Amazon for yourself!
Overall, cordless electric lawn mowers are the new craze. They work great and cost very little to own. Gasoline is out! Go with cordless electric!
Best Cordless Electric Lawn Mower Reviews In Details
Black & Decker SPCM1936 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Self Propelled Lawn Mower Review
If you want a quality cordless electric lawn mower that can get the job done at an affordable price, you need the power of Black and Decker. This mower delivers a lot of power, 36 volts, and a cutting swath of 19 inches for maximum lawn coverage. It’s both lightweight and ergonomically designed, and it’s self propelled with varying speed options. You won’t have to push and toil through lawn work any longer!
It’s a 3 in 1 machine that allows you to mulch, bag, or rear discharge the clippings. You can start this mower up instantly using a convenient push button. You can remove the battery to charge it anywhere. This is the power of the Black and Decker line of electric cordless mowers.
You’ll be able to get through 1/3 acre of lawn with no problems at all!
- 36 volt removable battery
- 19 inch cutting deck
- Self propelled with varying speeds
- Never rusts!
- Two year warranty
- Zero emissions for a better environment
- Weighs only 92 lbs
- Folds up and stores upright
- Extremely quiet and easy to use.
- Self propelled for effortless operation.
- Takes only 5 minutes to assemble out of the box.
- Works well even in wet grass.
- Charging connectors are well built and sturdy.
- Better than gas mowers and cheaper to own!
- Takes a full charge in only 12 hours.
- People love this mower so much that they’ll never go back to gas!
- Amazon is chock full of great reviews for this product.
- Tip: Rinse the underside of the mower before the clippings get dried and stuck on the undercarriage
- You must bend over to insert charging cord.
- Takes a few seconds to reach full speed.
WORX WG782 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower Review
When you don’t need the full brunt and power of a 36 volt electric cordless mower, take a look at the WORX WG782 14-Inch Deck 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower with Intellicut. It’s much cheaper to buy and much lighter than a 36 volt machine. The Intellicut technology automatically adds torque to the cut when going through tough patches of grass. This helps to conserve energy and give the perfect lawn cut every time!
You can mulch, bag, or rear discharge the clippings. It even comes with a special mulching blade that goes above and beyond traditional mulching. You get up to 40 minutes of solid run time on one charge with this mower, allowing you to cut an area of 10,000 square feet without the need for a recharge. The mowing height can be adjusted from 1.8 to 3.3 inches, giving you better control over grass height.
It also comes with a 2 year warranty that keeps you financially safe from any sort of factory defect.
- 24 volts of cutting power – Sufficient for most lawns
- 14 inch cutting deck
- Intellicut Technology adds torque when mowing tough areas
- 40 minutes of run time on a single charge
- 1.8 to 3.3 inch mowing height adjustment
- Special mulching blade for finer mulching
- Power level indicator that tells you when to recharge
- Cordless! No extension cords needed
- Two year warranty
- Using this machine is as easy as starting a blender.
- Comes with a charger – Almost ready for use right out of the box.
- Great for small yards up to 10,000 feet on a single charge!
- Starts easily with the push of a button.
- Does well even on sloping ground.
- Light enough to make pushing the mower easy.
- Whisper quiet operation – Use anytime, anywhere!
- Much cheaper to own than riding mowers.
- Cuts and mulches evenly.
- Not self propelled.
- Huge yards will need a bigger cutting deck than this 14″.
Earthwise 60236 20-Inch 36 Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower Review
The Earthwise 60236 20-Inch 36 Volt Side Discharge/Mulching/Bagging Cordless Electric Lawn Mower is just what you need for tough lawn jobs or large yards. 36 volts is the biggest battery available for electric cordless lawn mowers these days.
With a 20 inch cutting deck, you’ll make quick work of even the biggest lawns. No gas, oil, or fumes! With this mower, you have your choice of bagging, mulching, or discharging the clippings. The mowing height can be adjusted to 1.5 to 4 inches, giving you all the versatility you need to create the perfect lawn.
This mower provides long lasting battery life that can tackle yards in excess of 1/3 of an acre, It’s recommended to let the battery charge for 15 hours before use.
Overall this is a fantastic value in an electric cordless mower and Earthwise is a solid company to do business with.
- 36 volts of cutting power
- 20 inch cutting deck
- Discharge Mulch or Bag grass clippings
- 1.5 – 4 inch cutting height
- Tackle yards of 1/3 acre+ without difficulty
- Long lasting battery
- Push mower style
- Finally, a powerful lawn mower that doesn’t require costly gasoline.
- Push mower style that’s light enough to not be a burden.
- Battery indicator lights tell you when you should charge the battery.
- 36 volts of cutting power can tackle huge lawns with no battery issues.
- Quiet operation ensures anytime use.
- Requires only 15 hours for a full charge.
- Earthwise has been highly rated as a quality company.
- Start bar on the handle can be difficult to press for older owners
- Not self propelled
Related Posts :