Best cordless impact driver can work much better than a cordless drill when doing things like building a deck and working on other long projects. It’s helpful to know the factors to consider when shopping for one, and knowing these before you begin shopping will ensure that you wind up with a great product that’s going to last.
In this article, you’ll learn the factors that you should consider before making a purchase, and get to see three cordless impact driver reviews that are a great deal for the money. Happy shopping!
- 1 Best Cordless Impact Driver In 2018 – Compared
- 2 Best Cordless Impact Driver Reviews In Details
- 3 Cordless Impact Drivers Buying Guide
Best Cordless Impact Driver In 2018 – Compared
5.8 x 6.7 x 4.1
9.5 x 7.8 x 3.5
12.6 x 9.7 x 4.1
Best Cordless Impact Driver Reviews In Details
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC825B 1/4-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Impact Driver Review
DeWalt is one of the most treasured names in construction businesses. If you ask any well to do construction worker, they’ll tell you that DeWalt simply makes great products.
The DeWalt Bare-Tool DC825B 1/4 Inch 18 Volt Impact Driver is everything you need and nothing you don’t. With an amazingly compact size, only 5 3/4 inches from front to back, and a weight of only 5.4 pounds, it allows for all day use without fatigue.
The 2,400-2,700 RPM motor offers plenty of speed for tough projects and allows you to get your jobs done quickly. A frameless 1,330 lbs of torque motor with replaceable brushes and a high airflow design increases the life of the motor by not allowing it run too hot. This drill handles medium and light jobs easily, and allows you to get jobs done like a professional demands.
You’ll have no problem getting into tight areas with this tool and the quality craftsmanship shows through every time. The included LED light makes seeing into dim areas easy.
- 1,330 lbs of torque.
- 2,400-2,700 Max RPM.
- Frameless Motor.
- High Airflow Design.
- Replaceable Brushes.
- Compact – Only 5 3/4″ Front To Back.
- Comfort Grip.
- LED Light.
- 3 Year Warranty.
- This is a great cordless impact driver for light to medium jobs.
- Will become one of your most used and most reliable tools.
- Drives screws in incredibly easily.
- Reviews on Amazon.com of this item say it’s one of the best impact drivers out there.
- Any previous problems with the DeWalt driver line have been addressed in this new model.
- Included LED light allows you to see into dim areas with ease.
- Save yourself hours of labor over using a regular cordless drill.
- Lasts for 300 2.5″ screw drives through pressure treated wood.
- Drives screws twice as fast as a regular drill.
- Compatible with batteries from other DeWalt products.
- Gets in tight places easily.
Makita BTD141Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Review
This is by far one of the best cordless impact drivers out there. With 1,330 pounds of torque and a 2,300 RPM motor that’s able to make 3,200 impacts per minute, it’s built well enough for the toughest jobs.
The battery power is provided by an 18 volt battery (not included with this item). It’s portable, goes anywhere, and weighs in at only 3.4 pounds. The included hex chuck makes bit insertion easy, and with a built in LED light, you’ll really be able to throw some light on the subject.
An included belt clip makes carrying the tool around easy enough, and a 30 minute charger allows you to work with this tool all day long.
This cordless impact driver is very compact and user friendly. The hammer drill and anvil impact mechanism makes this tool a joy to work with and ease of use with Makita tools is at an all time high. This is a great choice in a cordless impact driver and you can see through the Amazon reviews that it truly outshines the competition.
- Lasts long past the warranty period.
- Proven Makita quality.
- LED light comes on only when you press the trigger, saving precious battery life.
- Backs out any type of screw without stripping it.
- Included belt hook frees your hands up for other tasks.
- Quick 30 minute charger allows for all day functionality.
- After seeing this drill in action with others, many people have went out and bought their own, it’s that good!
- Smaller and lighter than the competition with outstanding performance.
- Molded rubber grip is very comfortable to use.
- Performs well in moist environments with high heat and dust.
- Lots of power even with a battery at half charge.
- Trigger takes practice to use correctly.
- Trigger doesn’t allow for very slow speeds.
Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium Ion Impact Driver Review
The super short head length of this cordless impact driver makes for getting into small areas easy. It has variable speeds for different projects, and provides 930 lbs of torque which is strong enough to cover nearly 80 percent of all drilling projects.
The battery fuel gauge tells you exactly how much battery life is left and when to recharge, and the included LED light allows for use in dim areas.
The motor operates at 2,600 RPM which is plenty of speed to keep your projects going with a high level of productivity. This is one of the lightest cordless impact drivers out there, and the soft grip handle allows for all day use without hand cramps.
The 1 year warranty keeps you safe from factory defects, and as far as the overall build is concerned, this is one of the highest quality impact drivers out there. The 30 minute charger and 2 included 12 volt batteries allow you to work all day.
- 2,600 RPM motor operates on 12 volt batteries (2 included).
- 930 lbs of torque.
- 5.4 inches in length.
- Included 30 minute charger.
- Included carrying case.
- 1 year warranty.
- Beats out even Milwaukee impact drivers in competitions.
- Puts in screws 3X as fast as competing brands.
- Speed and power in a compact size.
- Battery life is impressive for it being only 12V.
- Built well enough to handle being dropped.
- Balances well in your hand.
- Variable speed trigger allows you to drive screws in slowly if you need to.
- Two batteries and 30 minute charger included make this a complete purchase.
- Easy to take into crawl spaces, attics, and more!
- Not powerful enough to do very well with masonry.
- Soft padded case – Some people prefer the hard case.
Cordless Impact Drivers Buying Guide
Now we’re going to list the buying factors you need to keep in mind when shopping for cordless impact drivers. It’s pretty simple once you understand how they’re designed to perform. Then, once you know how to choose the right impact driver, your purchase decision will be a much easier one. You’ll end up with a quality product that will last you for many years. Here are the factors to consider:
How fast can the impact driver you’re consider actually drive the screws? This matters when dealing with large projects that take a lot of time to complete. Generally, an RPM speed of 2,300 to 2,700 is sufficient for most jobs and you’ll find a lot of high quality cordless impact drivers in this RPM range.
The amount of power the cordless impact driver has will determine the amount of torque you get for tightening and loosening screws. Anywhere from 12-18 volts is adequate enough for most jobs, and you’ll find that the 900-1,330 lbs of torque power range of cordless impact drivers have the highest ratings on Amazon.com.
3. Battery Run Time And Charge Time
Generally speaking, a great battery charge time is around 30 minutes to an hour, making it easy to charge and use the batteries throughout the day. The length of time the battery lasts in the field varies according to the power you use to complete your projects. Thusly, battery run time will be different for every project, and there’s no real way to gauge how long a battery will actually run before needing to be recharged.
You can read the Amazon reviews to determine how a specific cordless impact driver handles. They’re all different, so reading the reviews will arm you with the information you need to know before making the purchase.
5. Noise Level
Even though they’re cordless, an impact driver makes a lot of noise. Many require hearing protection. It’s best to know this going in, that way you won’t be surprised when you have to purchase sound earmuffs to protect your ears.
6. Name Brand, Warranty, And Cost
A name brand cordless impact driver from DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, Black and Decker, Milwaukee, and Porter-Cable are fantastic choices. You’ll see how highly rated they are and that’s a really good indication of their quality. As far as warranties go, you should look for a 1-3 year warranty. Costs of cordless impact drivers run from $90-$150 for the best of the best.
Now that you see what goes into purchasing a best cordless impact driver, I bet you’re glad you found this page. Consider the three cordless impact driver reviews for some outstanding choices. You’ll see that we’ve done the hard work for you and selected the very best products for your consideration. You won’t find better cordless impact drivers than these, and we already know that because we’ve done all the research already!
Good luck with your home improvement or business projects that require one of these impact drivers.