Best deep fryers are made to copycat commercial fryers but also give you convenient frying in your own home, safely and easily.
You can deep fry anything from Buffalo wings, doughnuts, fries to onion rings in just minutes, any time you wish to. Nothing beats the taste of fried food and being able to do it in your own home rather than going out to a restaurant to enjoy it is a great advantage.
Deciding on which deep fryer is more suitable for you can be tricky. There are certain things you want to look for that will make it ideal for you. Certain criteria you will want to research is the price, the appearance and reviews on the unit.
You also want to take a look at the size, the features you get, and how safe it is. This will ensure you get the best deep fryer to suit your needs. Below are four highly recommended best deep fryers to take a look at.
Best Deep Fryers In 2018 – Compared
12.6 x 12.6 x 14.7
19 x 12 x 12
11 x 16.5 x 12.2
15 x 10.5 x 11
Deep Fryers Reviews In Details
Emeril FR7009001 Stainless Steel Fryer Review
If you are looking to enjoy amazing fried food in your home, the Emeril FR7009001 Stainless Steel Fryer might be just the fryer for you. It features 1800 watts of power, an adjustable, digitally controlled thermostat for reaching the perfect cooking temperature every time and other easy to use controls.
When you set the thermostat, there is a signal temperature-ready light that tells you when your oil is ready to use. This unit is simple to operate and has various safety features like the external basket control which prevents splattering, the cool-touch handles and the magnetic safety plug.
- Comes with 1800 watts of power with 2 2/3 lb. food capacity and 3 2/7 liter oil capacity
- Includes the stainless-steel pot that is removable, an adjustable thermostat, large frying basket and metal lid
- Includes external basket control to prevent splattering and a drainage and oil filtration system
- Other features include cool-touch handles, dishwasher-safe parts, permanent filter and digital timer
- Measurements are approximately 18 x 12 x 14 in. and comes with a 1 year limited warranty
Pros: This unit is easy to set up although reading the manual will help you to understand the digital controls. The filtering system and self-drainage works great.
You get family size portions of fried food and you can reuse the oil the next day with tasty results. Cleaning this fryer is a breeze and all heavy residues can be removed easily with a paper towel.
Your oil heats up fast; the digital controls are simple and your food comes out crisp not greasy.
Cons: It would be great if the Emeril FR7009001 Stainless Steel Fryer had a higher temperature setting, however it appears to be industry standard. No other issues with this unit, it works fabulous!
Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Deep Fryer Review
With the Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Deep Fryer, you are able to fry two different kinds of food at the same time. You can even make larger batches due to the dual-basket.
You get a hefty 12-cup food capacity which enables you to fry up family-size amounts quickly while you are cooking up large pieces of fish or chicken in the oblong-shaped baskets.
The thermostat is adjustable and allows you to select various frying temperatures and you know exactly when oil is ready to use with the signal light. Another feature is the 1800-watt immersion element that quickly preheats oil.
You get splatter protection through the unit’s cover while lowering your food into the hot oil and the enameled pot and heating element can be removed easily for fast, efficient cleanup. This fryer gives you delicious, restaurant tasting food all in the convenience of your home.
- Comes with oblong-shaped baskets that are perfect for frying up large pieces of fish or chicken
- Includes adjustable thermostat for various food temperatures and a signal light to indicate when oil is ready to use
- Includes a large 12-cup food capacity which is great for steaming or boiling up seafood and veggies
- Easy cleanup with the removable enameled pot and heating element; reduce splattering with the cover
- Easily store unit; baskets and heating element can be stored easily in the pot
Pros: Chicken, fries and wings come out perfectly all together with this fryer. They are crispy and ready in less than 2 minutes. You do not get the excess oil on your fries or wings either.
Very affordable price; you would expect to pay over $200 for a fryer like this, but it was only $70 which is quite the bargain. It is easy to clean and you can even put the heating element, the baskets, lid and the oil pan in the dishwasher.
Cons: It looks a little big on the kitchen countertop, however it still looks good. Also, there might be an issue with some people with the power cord only being 2 ft. which is a little short.
Other than this though, the Presto 05466 Deep Fryer is an amazing fryer that does a really great job at frying up food crispy and greasy free.
Waring DF250B 1800-Watt Brushed Stainless Deep Fryer Review
The Waring DF250B 1800-Watt Brushed Stainless Deep Fryer is a powerful 1800 watt deep fryer that cooks food quickly without giving it that greasy feeling.
You just fill up the mesh basket with your food items, place it into the hot oil and watch it cook through the viewing window. Condensation is ingeniously caught in the domed lid and channeled away which keeps splattering down to a minimum.
There are built in safety features like the overload auto-shutoff protection, the 3-foot breakaway cord and the safety interlock system which halts functioning until the control panel is mounted properly.
- Deep fryer is stainless, has a 2 1/5 lb. capacity and 1800 watt immersion element
- Comes with domed lid that catches condensation, collapsible cool-touch handle and durable mesh basket
- Includes safety features which include overload automatic shutoff, 3-foot breakaway cord and interlock system
- Other features include 30-minute timer, 1 gallon enamel-coated oil container that is removable and dishwasher safe parts
- Measurements are approximately 12 4/5 x 18 2/7 x 12 8/9 in. and comes with a 1 year limited warranty
Pros: You get really crispy food since the unit heats up to 375 degrees. The temperature is more accurate than other fryers or so it seems.
It is simple to clean; you can toss the heating element right into the dishwasher and all the other parts come out easily. The unit heats up really quickly and it has a large frying basket which is great. Food is cooked properly and comes out delicious.
Cons: Results when cooking with lard are not so good and you do get a little grease on kitchen counter-top, but all fryers tend to be like that. Other than this, the Waring DF250B is a remarkable fryer that does a great job at crisping food!
Breville BDF600XL Deep Fryer Review
The Breville BDF600XL Deep Fryer is the perfect solution for quick snacks, gourmet hors d’oeuvres and classic meals. It has flash-frying features that seal the outsides of food so oil absorption is at a minimum.
You can fry egg rolls, potato chips, French fries, tofu and shrimp, fruit, fish fillets, donuts or even mozzarella. The flat Cool Plate is innovative and allows you to use less oil (up to 1/4 less) compared to conventional best deep fryers.
The oil heats up safely and stays at a consistent temperature while producing clean flavor. Therefore, you are able to use it over again and still get good results.
- Includes technology heating element and cool plate
- Has temperature control of 320 to 375
- Includes a lid with a viewing window and vessel that is removable with pouring spout
- Comes with 1800 watts of power
Pros: Cooking food is a snap with this Breville BDF600XL fryer. Chicken comes out evenly cooked and moist. Cleanup is not a concern as it all comes apart easily for simple cleaning.
You can set the temperature and the fryer does the rest. It has a great design, shape and size. You can reuse the oil for days and your food comes out tasting great every time. It performs exactly as it says it does in the ad and even better than stated.
It does not splatter all over your kitchen and the oil seems to be trapped in the vent on the lid so the air in your house isn’t filled up by it.
Cons: It is a bit on the pricey side; however, considering what you are actually getting with this fryer, it is worth the price. Although it says it goes up to 375F, it does not seem to get up that far, maybe around 340F, but food still comes out crispy and tasting great with the Breville BDF600XL Deep Fryer!