In the area of home dehumidifiers, you need brand names and high quality craftsmanship you can depend on.
In this lens, we’re going to be looking at home dehumidifier buying factors and what you should be looking for before making a purchase.
This guide can save you from making the wrong purchase to begin with. We’re also going to list three best dehumidifiers that we think are truly worth your time, and after thorough Amazon research, we found these products proved themselves to be a really good deal for the money.
Top 3 Best Dehumidifiers
Home Dehumidifiers Reviews
Frigidaire FAD704DUD 70 Pt. – Frigidaire Ffad7033r1 Dehumidifier
Everyone seems to love Frigidaire products. They’ve been a brand name America trusts for many years, providing many people with refrigerators, freezers, and more. The Frigidaire FAD704DUD 70 Pt. Dehumidifier gives you 70 pints per day of water removal, which is more than most competing units. This means a dryer environment for you and your family.
It allows you to operate the unit in continuous operation mode as long as you’re near a suitable drain. As air moves across the condensation coil, it removes the water, and then sends the dry air out into the room.
The included humidistat allows you to adjust the humidity levels in a room to best suit your needs. The anti-microbial mesh filter keeps all forms of bacteria from growing, keeping air fresh. The unit automatically turns off when the water tank is full, and also gives you an alert to empty the bucket. The bucket features a carrying handle, splash guard, and front load design. This unit is also Energy Star compliant, ensuring that you save the most on energy costs.
Here’s a run down of all the product features:
- 70 Pints Per Day Water Removal.
- Full Electronic Controls And Display.
- Antibacterial Filter (Mesh).
- Roll Away Casters For Easy Moving.
- AHAM And Energy Star Compliant.
- Front Load Water Bucket With Splash Guard And Carrying Handle.
- Auto Shut Off And Full Tank Signal.
- Continuous Drain Option.
- Made by Frigidaire, one of the best companies on the market.
- Works wonders for stopping mold and mildew.
- Reviewed with a good score by Consumer Reports.
- More efficient than previous makes and models of dehumidifiers.
- Two fan speeds allow for more adjustment.
- Very easy set up out of the box.
- Energy Star rating really helps with energy costs.
- Reports of Frigidaire honoring their warranty.
- Quiet operation.
- Fills 70 pint bucket twice a day or more.
- Automatic shut off works great.
- Needs slight modification for hose draining – Must call Frigidaire directly for an adapter – Don’t worry it’s free.
- Some complaints about the bucket.
Sunpentown SD-65E 65-Pint – Best Home Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier will remove 65 pints of moisture per day and comes with a 10 litre water tank to assist with rooms of up to 500 square feet. Two fan settings, normal and turbo, allow you to adjust for more extreme situations. With electronic controls, it’s easy to make adjustments quickly.
The humidistat allows you to control the humidity level from 35-80 percent. The washable filter allows you to remove dust and mites from the air without affecting the water removal. Casters included allow you to move the dehumidifier from room to room easily.
The Energy Star rating helps you to save money on energy bills, and it even comes with a 1 year warranty. This 780 watt dehumidifier is great for home and/or office use. When you need a solution to mold and mildew and want to breathe easier, a home dehumidifier like this can be a miracle purchase.
- 780 Watts Of Power.
- 65 Pints Of Water Removal Per Day.
- 10 Litre Water Tank.
- Two Fan Settings – Normal/Turbo.
- Washable Filter.
- Lifting Handle.
- Energy Star Compliant.
- One Year Warranty.
- Drastically improves air quality and smell.
- Doesn’t need reset in the event of a power failure – Will turn back on with the power.
- Brings humidity levels down in a matter of hours, not days.
- Light enough to haul up flights of stairs.
- Continuous drain option is great for convenience.
- Filter is easy to remove and easy to clean.
- Easy to read display shows current humidity level.
- Build quality of this dehumidifier is reported to be excellent.
- Reported to be more effective than other models on the market.
- Can remove two gallons of water in two days easily.
- Well packed and protected during shipping.
- Great Amazon review rating.
- Some reports of noisy operation.
- Bottom of collection bucket is not perfectly flat.
DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pint – Delonghi Dehumidifier With Pump
This is a great home dehumidifier that comes with a patented pump. This feature allows you to continuously drain the water without the need for a collection bucket. The DeLonghi DD50P is also Energy Star compliant. Maintenance is made easy with this unit, only requiring that you wash the filter when needed.
With 50 pints of water removal per day and a 1.75 gallon collection bucket, areas stay dry. The easy to use electronic controls allow you to make adjustments to the humidistat and control the level of humidity, 30% to 80%, in any space you choose. Also included is a 24 hour timer that allows for “set and go” operation. It uses R410A refrigerant, which is more environmentally friendly than previous types.
2 fan settings and an anti-frost feature add to the package. Included casters make it easy to roll this unit anywhere you see fit! This unit will operate in temperatures down to 41 Fahrenheit, allowing for use long past the summer months. The included collection bucket also emits a signal when it’s full.
- 50 Pints Of Water Removal Per Day.
- 3 Ways To Drain Water – Gravity Drain, Patented Pump, and Collection Bucket.
- LCD Display And Electronic Controls.
- 24 Hour Timer.
- 2 Fan Settings.
- Automatic Shut Off When Collection Bucket Is Full.
- Anti-frost Feature.
- Caster Wheels.
- Operates At Temperatures Down To 41 Fahrenheit.
- Energy Star Compliant.
- Warranty – 1 Year Parts And Labor / 5 Year Compressor Parts.
- Runs cool – No hot air discharge.
- Reports during a single 16 hour timed cycle – 12 pints of water removed! Temp of area: 67 degrees.
- Energy Star rating works to help save you money.
- Easy to use controls.
- Helps to salvage basement property – Dehumidifiers pay for themselves in terms of salvaged areas.
- Patented pump allows for continuous drain, no more emptying water buckets!
- Easy to clean the filter on a weekly basis.
- Improves air smell and air quality.
- Blower is loud when on high.
- Difficult to see water level in collection bucket.
Home Dehumidifiers Buying Guide
There are a lot of features to be on the lookout for when it comes to home dehumidifiers. Ensuring your home dehumidifier has some or all of these features will guarantee you get a unit that you’re going to be happy with.
1. Humidistat (Humidity Control)
This is a very important feature that most home dehumidifiers have. A humidistat allows you to control the humidity levels in enclosed spaces. They’re similar to thermostats, except a humidistat responds to humidity instead of temperature. They do a great job of letting you adjust humidity to keep moisture levels under control.
2. Pints Per Day Of Water Removal
This feature of a home dehumidifier is a key factor as well, giving you a rough estimate of how much water the specific unit can remove from the air per day. Average water removal per day ranges from 30 to 70 pints per day, typically.
For those who need more water removal, closer to 70 pints per day would be optimal, but costs more than a 30 pint unit. It all depends on what you really need. Airing on the side of caution, many people choose to purchase one that’s bigger than they need, just in case.
3. Continuous Drain
This feature allows you to continuously drain the water using a hose instead of a water bucket. Thusly, you can keep the dehumidifier running at all times, and not have to empty water buckets. Many people love the convenience of not having to constantly monitor their dehumidifiers, and if this sounds like you, you should look for this feature.
4. Energy Star Compliant
The quest to save money on energy costs has taken the world by storm. People want their machines to use less power and help to save money. Therefore, you should look for the Energy Star compliant label on machines like dehumidifiers. Many people run their units frequently, and the cost savings can really add up.
5. Electronic Controls
Electronic controls allow you to get a readout on the humidity and various other aspects of moisture. They also allow you to change settings with the push of a button. This is a feature that increases the cost, but most people agree that it’s worth the extra cost.
6. Antibacterial Filter
These filters work great to keep bacteria at bay. With all the condensation the machine collects, these filters provide a way to keep any bacteria from forming. This is definitely a feature you should look for in a home dehumidifier.
7. Automatic Shut Off And Full Tank Alert
If you choose to use water tanks to collect the water, then an overflow situation can be a catastrophe. Because of this, many manufacturers create dehumidifiers that automatically shut off when the tank is full. This prevents overflows from happening and keeps your floors safe from water damage.
8. Name Brand And Amazon Rating
Not everyone in the market place is creating products that are high quality. Instead, you need to rely on the Amazon reviews to find out the positive and negative aspects of the products you’re considering.
Not only that, but you can speed up your search by only looking at name brand products that are worth it. Some name brands worth considering these days are DeLonghi, Frigidaire, Sunpentown, Honeywell, Danby, and Eva Dry.