Dumbbell racks are pretty simple, but they do an awesome job of helping to keep your gym clear so that accidents don’t happen.
Tripping over a dumbbell can have major consequences, and by tripping you can even get injured pretty severely. So in this article, we’re going to be taking a look at the buying factors that go into best dumbbell rack.
We’re also going to be listing three dumbbell rack reviews that did very well in the Amazon reviews. You can choose one of these products with confidence that you’re getting a really good item.
Best Dumbbell Rack Reviews 2018
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbell Stand Review
Everyone has heard of the incredible quality of the Bowflex line of products. This company continually produces fantastic products at a price that everyone can afford.
This dumbbell stand isn’t like a dumbbell rack, as it only holds two dumbbells at a time. But for people who need a product like this, this is one of the best you can get. It’s designed for the Bowflex 552 dumbbell set and will also hold other dumbbells easily too.
The included wheels make this an item that’s easy to roll around your workout area to exactly where you want it. It also includes a towel rack so you can easily take care of any sweat. You’ll never have to worry about hurting your back with this product, as it’s ergonomically designed to prevent any injuries.
And if you want to see something really impressive, check out the Amazon review score. Out of a total of 145 customer reviews, this item scored an impressive 4.5 out of 5 stars.
So why do you need this item? Because you want all muscle gain with the least amount of strain. Even one false move with a heavy dumbbell can spell trouble. Make the smart choice and use a dumbbell stand like this instead. Even comes with an iron clad 30 year warranty.
- Holds Two Bowflex 553 Dumbbells
- Built In Towel Rack
- Transport Wheels
- 30 Year Warranty
- Proven Bowflex quality
- Holds dumbbells other than the Bowflex 552 as well
- Easy to wheel around your workout area
- Awesome Amazon review score! 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Provides a safe way to workout with dumbbells on a daily/weekly basis
- Priced competitively to give you the best deal for your money
- Made of high quality materials that are built to last
- Some people complain that this dumbbell stand is difficult to put together
- Some people don’t like the assembly instructions
Apex Deluxe 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack Review
The steel tubing frame on the Apex Deluxe 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack is exactly what you need for a lifetime of trouble free use. The highly durable welded steel is designed to provide you with an exceptional workout experience.
Also, the powder coating prevents any scratches and marring. That means your Apex Deluxe 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack will look good for as long as you own it.
You’ll love the fact that this dumbbell rack is big enough to store your entire weight set comfortably. It makes the perfect compliment to a previously scattered workout area.
It weighs only 54 lbs, so moving it to an upstairs dwelling or from room to room isn’t a problem. The two year warranty keeps you safe from any factory defects, so you can be sure that you only get the very best in materials and workmanship. You’ll love the price too! At only 99 dollars, this is a sound investment to your workout area that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
- A Total Of Three Recessed Tiers
- Space For Multiple Size Dumbbells
- Powder Coated Steel Construction
- Rubber Coverings For The Feet And Other Areas
- 2 Year Warranty
- Costs a lot less than similar racks
- Recessed tiers make for easy access to your whole dumbbell collection
- Holds up very well under constant use
- Recommended by personal trainers
- Perfect build size for home gyms
- Easy to assemble – Takes only 20 minutes
- Can hold an 800 lb dumbbell set with no problem!
- Can handle getting wet without rusting
- Good packaging to prevent damage during shipping
- Will hold medicine balls too!
- Some people have to place their extra weights on the ground
- Some reports of paint smell from the powder coat
Body Solid GDR363 3-Tier Horizontal Dumbbell Rack Review
A total of three tiers make up the Body Solid GDR363 Horizontal Dumbbell Rack. You can rest assured that this is a quality item that’s well worth your hard earned money.
It’s structurally designed to fit against a wall or in the center of your workout area. This dumbbell rack holds a total of nine pairs of dumbbells, and they can range in weight from 5-50 lbs.
Take a look at the Amazon reviews with this product and you’ll really be impressed. Not only is it a great value for the money, but people are genuinely happy with their purchase. You won’t find a dumbbell rack of this quality for a better price. It’s made of heavy guage steel that’s guaranteed to last.
And if the price and Amazon review score isn’t enough to convince you, check out the warranty! You get a full lifetime of warranty with this product. If you find any defects for the lifetime that you own the product, simply call up Body Solid to return it and they’ll refund your money.
- 3 Tiers
- Holds Nine Pairs Of Hexagonal Dumbbells
- Dumbbells Can Vary In Weight From 5-50 Lbs
- Heavy Gauge Steel Construction
- Lifetime Warranty
- 4.5 Stars Out Of 5 Amazon Review Score
- Incredibly easy assembly
- Sturdiness that’s designed to last for a lifetime of use
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space – Fairly compact
- Even holds weight balls
- Overall, a great value for the money
- Silver and black color accent workout areas well
- Tier stackability clears up lots of floor space for other equipment
- The perfect height for easy access to your dumbbells
- Too wide to hold smaller Neoprene weights
- End caps can be a little tough to get on
Dumbbell Racks Buying Guide
So let’s think about what goes into a really good dumbbell rack to begin with. They’re not all created equal, and after reading this guide you’ll be a more informed consumer. These buying factors can ensure you get the dumbbell rack you want to begin with.
A great dumbbell rack will have tiers, allowing you to store the dumbbells effectively in the smallest storage space possible. Usually, they’re stacked up vertically, not horizontally, and make great use of the space you have available. Tiers are the best way to stack up your dumbbells.
2. Weight Limits:
A great dumbbell rack will be able to hold from 5-50 lb dumbbell weights with no problem at all. This is basically the industry standard for dumbbell racks because 5-50 lb dumbbells are the weight standard.
Generally, you want to choose a dumbbell rack that makes the most of it’s size. It shouldn’t be too large and should be built fairly compact. Make sure that you take note of the measurements of the dumbbell rack and apply the measurement to the room you’re wanting to store it in to be sure it will be the right size.
4. Steel Construction:
What your dumbbell rack is constructed of makes a big difference. Often times, the steel is deburred for user safety. The heavy gauge steel will last for years and years and never become brittle. Steel is the most sought after material you can get in a dumbbell rack.
5. Powder Coated Finish:
The finish on the steel can prevent scratches and ensure that your dumbbell rack stays looking good for as long as you own it. Powder coated steel is resistant to all forms of marring. Look for this feature in the dumbbell racks you consider.
6. Ergonomic Design:
Bending over to pick up a dumbbell over and over can create unnecessary strain on your back and knees. An ergonomic design can help to eliminate this straining and ensure when you pick up a dumbbell, it’s in a comfortable position for you, every time.
A great dumbbell rack will have a lifetime warranty because there aren’t a lot of parts. Dumbbell racks are as simple as they get in terms of what they’re made of. Usually, there’s only a few parts and they will last for a lifetime. Look for a long standing warranty with the purchase of your dumbbell rack.
8. Amazon Review Score:
A good Amazon review score is a good indicator of the quality of the dumbbell rack you’ll receive. Not only can it tell you if the product you’re considering is really worth purchasing, but the experiences of others can tell you what to expect when you buy it for yourself. Look for dumbbell racks that have at least a 4 star rating. Amazon has made it easy for all of us to compare items and see what is really worth buying and what isn’t.