Electric screwdrivers are great for professional workers who don’t want to turn a screwdriver by hand. Also, electric versions of screwdrivers allow you to get a whole lot more done in a day than traditional screwdrivers.
There are lots of features that come with best electric cordless screwdriver. Let’s take a look at some features to be on the lookout for when considering one for purchase:
Best Electric Cordless Screwdriver In 2018 – Compared
5 x 14 x 23
14.8 x 11.9 x 4.6
12.6 x 2.3 x 11.2
8.6 x 6.1 x 4.4
1. Variable Speeds
Being able to start a difficult screw and get it going can be difficult sometimes. For this reason, a variable RPM speed is desirable to have. Not all electric screwdrivers will come with this functionality, but the great majority of them will. It’s better to have this feature than have to go without.
2. Multiple Battery Packs And Charger
Including just one battery pack is like “throwing the baby out with the bathwater”. You can work for a little while with one battery pack, but it’s best to include two in order to allow you to work all day with your screwdriver. Look for two battery packs with your purchase and you won’t be disappointed when you have to quickly switch to a new one and get back to work. Also, look for a charger to be included, of course.
3. Multi Position Handle
Being able to use your screwdriver as an in-line and pistol grip can help you accomplish more without having to switch tools. Some even come with three different positions. Be sure to fully consider what you need your tool to do before you commit to buy. This way, you can be sure your screwdriver will be able to handle the angles you subject it to without failure.
4. Clutch System
Being able to drive a screw in without it stripping is a real plus. Not only will you get better results from your screw driving efforts, but you’ll have much less to complain about in terms of what you’re able to accomplish.
5. Integrated LED Light
Having an LED light to throw some light on screws your fastening down or backing out is helpful. The light should be positioned so that it provides ample line of sight, and it shouldn’t put an excessive drain on the battery either.
6. Warranty, Amazon Review Score and Manufacturer
We include these three considerations in pretty much every guide we make. It’s important to buy from a quality manufacturer, get a good warranty period, and have the item have a good feedback score with consumers.
More than likely, if you follow these three guidelines, you’ll end up with a quality product that’ll last for years without any trouble.
Best Electric Cordless Screwdriver 2018 – Reviews In Details
Hitachi DB3DL 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Screwdriver Review
The Hitachi DB3DL 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Screwdriver is a high quality product at a fair price. If you’re looking for a screwdriver that’ll last a long time without failing, you’ll find it in this product.
You can work all day with this tool, thanks to the 2 included Lithium Ion Batteries. It converts easily from a straight grip driver to a pistol grip driver with the flick of your wrist.
The included clutch system allows you to drive screws without stripping them, and it even includes an LED light for increased visibility in difficult areas.
And if warranties are your thing, you’re in luck! This Hitachi product comes with a lifetime warranty on the tool and a 2 year warranty on the batteries. Hitachi is a brand name people trust, and it’s a great thing that they’re offering such a long standing warranty.
- Adjustable To Straight Grip/Pistol Grip
- Fully Adjustable Clutch System
- Two Included 3.6 Volt Lithium Ion Batteries
- Built In LED Light
- Circuit Protection
- 1/4 Inch Hex Chuck
- Lifetime Tool Warranty – 2 Year Batteries Warranty
- LED is bright and this screwdriver runs smooth and quiet
- Only takes about an hour for a battery to fully charge
- Battery life is surprisingly long for only 3.6 volts of power
- Light and comfortable in your hands
- Especially good for working in dark areas
- After purchasing this tool, lots of people are putting their faith in Hitachi
- Clutch system works very well for light duty torquing
- Lifetime warranty on the product provides real professional piece of mind
- You’ll find that with the light weight, you can get your projects done in half the time!
- A surprisingly strong performer for being such a light weight tool
- Handle doesn’t actually lock in “pistol” mode or “straight” mode
- Some say this drill is a bit top heavy
DEWALT DW920K-2 1/4-Inch 7.2-Volt Cordless Two-Position Screwdriver Kit Review
DeWalt is back with one of their best power tools ever. Out of 253 reviews, this item scored an amazing 4.5 out of 5 stars. This two position screwdriver kit comes with 80 inch pounds of torque and just the right amount of power to weight delivery to help you get the job done better.
The two position handle allows for both pistol grip and in-line operation, and the variable speed goes from 0-500 RPM with a reversible trigger switch so you can easily back out screws.
The quick release hex shank chuck gives you the ability to make quick bit changes and get you back to work fast. And with 7.2 volts of power in the battery pack, you’ll be able to work longer than ever before without having to wait for charge ups.
The warranty on this screwdriver is great. You get a full 3 years and a one year free service contract. And because it’s made by DeWalt, you can expect them to stand behind their warranty 100%.
- Variable Speed 0-500 RPM
- Reverse Trigger Switch
- Two Position Handle – Inline Or Pistol Grip
- 80 Inch Pounds Of Torque
- Quick Release Hex Shank Chuck
- 7.2 Volt Battery Pack
- 3 Year Warranty And One Year Free Service Contract
- Combines strong power, light weight, and an easy to use design
- Small enough to get into really tight spaces
- Reports of after 6 months of use, it still performs flawlessly
- 1 hour charger allows you to charge up and get back to work fast
- Leaves Panasonic and other models of screwdrivers in the dust in terms of product quality
- Gets the job done without bogging down or falling short of your expectations
- Variable speed settings make it easy to start difficult screws
- Comes with two 7.2 volt batteries to keep you working all day long right out of the box
- Forward/Lock/Reverse switch is more suited towards left handed people
- Some people don’t like the shape of the battery
Black & Decker PD600 Pivot Plus 6-Volt Nicad Cordless Screwdriver Review
We all know Black and Decker from the years of quality tools they’ve produced in the past. The Black and Decker PD600 Pivot Plus 6 Volt Nicad Cordless Screwdriver with Articulating Head is exactly what you need to accomplish a wide range of projects without having to switch tools.
The pivoting handle locks in three different positions, which is more than other competing screwdrivers offer.
The 6 volts of rechargeable power is enough for most applications around the house and worksite, and it even includes a rugged LED light to illuminate dark areas. It comes with a 23 position clutch system that prevents screw stripping, and is small enough to fit in any drawers you want to store it in.
The Amazon review score for this item is pretty impressive. It’s hard to score a solid 4 out of 5 stars across 271 reviews, but this product has done it! It just goes to show you that once again, Black and Decker has come out with a tool that’s genuinely worth having around the house, garage, or worksite.
- 6 Volts Of Nicad Battery Pack Power
- 3 Position Pivoting Head
- Two Speeds
- Amazingly low price for a quality tool like this is nearly unheard of!
- Pivoting handle helps you eliminate carpal tunnel pain and fatigue
- Surprisingly light weight for its size
- Lighter and 1/3 of the price of the DeWalt model – Although it’s not as powerful
- Truly a great tool at a decent price – Great for household projects
- Adjustable torque output strips less screws
- People love this tool to install blinds around the house – Works great for similar projects as well
- Nicad isn’t the best battery technology available
- Not powerful enough to drive huge screws into hardwood
Skil 2346-01 3.6-Volt IXO2 Power Portable Screwdriver Review
The Skil 2346-01 3.6 Volt IX02 Power Portable Screwdriver is one tool that won’t let you down. It can hold a charge for an amazing 18 months without a loss in power delivery.
It works in both forward and reverse, and even features indicator lights to let you know what direction you’re working in. It includes a work light, which is really surprising given its size.
The included 1/4 inch hex chuck makes changing your bits a simple affair, and when it’s time to charge the unit up, it lets you know with an indicator system.
People really seem to love this tool. Across 39 customer reviews, the excellent 4.5 out of 5 stars has been well deserved. Just check out the Amazon reviews to see all the great things people are saying about this portable screwdriver!
- 3.6 Volt/18 Month Lithium Ion Battery
- Forward and Reverse And Indicator Lights
- Work Light
- Magnetized 1/4 Inch Hex Chuck
- Time To Charge Indicator
- Energy Star Charger
- Generous set of bits included to get you started on projects right out of the box
- Really good for small projects that don’t require an extreme amount of torque
- For regular maintenance around the house, you can’t do better than this
- Built in light is an improvement over other models that lack one
- Feels well constructed and well designed in your hands
- Lithium Ion battery lasts for a long time without needing to be recharged
- Bit changes are quick and easy – They don’t require any tools
- Storage case is an added bonus that keeps the tool safe and allows you to take it anywhere
- Internal battery means you’ll never lose it
- Button to switch direction is too close to the trigger – You can turn it on by accident
- No clutch system and only one speed
Related Posts :