If you’re looking for the perfect summer cookout companion, you can’t do better than a food smoker. Not only will your food have that smoked to perfection taste, it will also be cooked thoroughly every time!
In this article we’re going to be looking at what makes a smoker worth buying and three great products that can make summer cookouts the best they can be.
We searched long and hard to find these items and are happy to present them for your consideration. We think these are the best electric smoker buys available on the market today.
- 1 Best Electric Smoker In 2018 – Compared
- 2 Best Electric Smoker 2018 Reviews
- 3 Electric Meat Smokers Buying Guide
Best Electric Smoker In 2018 – Compared
20.1 x 19.9 x 33.3
48.5 x 23 x 24
33 x 15 x 11.5
Best Electric Smoker 2018 Reviews
Masterbuilt 30-Inch Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller Review
When you want a change from traditional charcoal grilling and smoking, consider the Masterbuilt 30 Inch Electric Smokehouse Smoker with Window and RF Controller. With 4 racks totaling 30 inches of internal capacity, you’ll have enough room for all your grilling ideas.
An internal light keeps everything viewable so you can see the results of your cooking efforts. Ever seen a cooker/smoker with a remote control? This one has a digital remote that can adjust the temperature and use time management features.
With the ability to add wood chips to the side compartment, the smoky flavor will come through for grilling that gets results. The smoking racks are chrome coated, which means you don’t have to worry about a sticky mess. The built in meat probe is also a plus.
Overall, this is a great change from traditional charcoal grills that features a push button startup and over 2 cubic feet of space to cook your food items on. Great for jerky, fish, ham, sausage, chicken, and more.
- 30 Inch Internal Size Electric Smokehouse Smoker
- Built In Wheels For Easy Travel
- Large Viewing Window
- Internal Light
- Remote Control With Belt Clip
- Side Wood Chip Loader
- Push Button Digital Control System
- 100-275 Degree Capability
- Rubber Sealed Door
- Allows you to add juice, vinegar, and more to the water pan for taste experiences that are out of this world.
- Tray catches drippings very well and can easily be emptied.
- The wheels work well and will allow you to move it anywhere you need to.
- Meat thermometer allows you to always keep an eye on the temperature at a glance.
- Great assembly instructions.
- Comes together easily.
- Masterbuilt high quality standard.
- Super simple and foolproof way to cook incredible meals.
- Viewing window requires cleaning occasionally.
- Batteries aren’t included for the remote control.
Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22-Inch Charcoal Smoker Review
If you’re looking for an authentic outside food cooker and smoker, take a look at the Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker in 22.5 inch capacity. It’s perfect for summer cookouts when you just have to have that fresh cooked, smoky flavor.
This outdoor grill is made of porcelain enameled steel and has 2 nickel plated 22 1/2 inch cooking grates. It also has a water pan that adds steam for cooking, a thermometer, separate vents on the grill bowl and lid, and a heat resistant nylon handle that won’t ever get too hot.
Together with a 10 year limited warranty, you’re looking at a product that’s going to last through all those wonderful summers. It’s big enough to cook a whole turkey and an entire ham at the same time! It has upgraded features from past models and the price is affordable enough for most budgets. Consider the long lasting warranty and you’ll realize the value of this outdoor grill.
Proven Weber quality and the glowing reviews guarantee you’ll have a great experience with this grill.
- Made Of Porcelain Enameled Steel
- 2 Nickel Plated 22.5 Inch Cooking Grates
- Water Pan To Add Steam And Keep Meat Moist
- Thermometer To Check Internal Temperature
- Multiple Vents
- Heat Resistant Nylon Handle That Stays Cool To The Touch
- Proven Weber Quality
- Requires very little adjustment as it cooks.
- Great value for the money over lesser quality models.
- Easy to use.
- Built well enough to hold a set temperature overnight.
- Easy to assemble.
- Great for grilling newbies and experienced chefs alike.
- Uses charcoal for grilling perfection.
- Improved design over past models.
- Great fitting cover.
- Has a design that takes some time getting used to.
- A little too expensive for some people though is considered an exceptional charcoal smoker.
Bradley BTDS76P Digital 4-Rack Electric Smoker Review
Bradley Smoker makes a great line of quality products. This Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker is no exception. It features a self contained design and clean burning efficiency. With no resin aftertaste from the foods to get in your way, you’ll be glad this smoker cooks so cleanly. The natural flavor of food will come out and you’ll get your moneys worth out of this machine.
Featuring temperature, time, and smoke controls, everything about the way you cook your food is at your fingertips. It’s all digitally controlled for perfect results. 4 cooking racks give you enough space to cook all kinds of foods. Temperatures can reach 280 degrees Fahrenheit without overload.
This smoker also works well as a slow cooker and includes a recipe booklet to get your cooking off to a great start. This smoker is great for outdoor patios and decks.
- Made of powder epoxy steel.
- 4 racks totaling 2,288 cubic inches of internal cooking room.
- Use as a slow cooker or slow roast oven.
- 42 pound total weight makes it light enough to move easily.
- Uses flavor bisquettes for amazing flavor results.
- 1 year warranty.
- 500 watt cooking element – 125 watt smoking element.
- Max temperature of 280 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easily cool used bisquettes with easy to use water bath.
- Catches drippings well with the included drip bowl.
- Light enough to carry virtually anywhere.
- Temperature, time, and smoke controls allow you to control everything easily.
- About the size of a small fridge.
- Metal is sanded at the edges – No worrying about getting cut!
- Effortless cooking and very low amount of maintenance required.
- Tubular magazine holds enough bisquettes to last for hours.
- Very precise smoke delivery system.
- Temperature drops rapidly when you open the door to check on food.
- Needs an instruction manual!
Electric Meat Smokers Buying Guide
So now that you know that you need a summer smoker to give you that smoked to perfection fresh taste, let’s take a look at some of the features you should be considering when it’s time to make the purchase.
1. Internal Cooking Size Capacity
This factor depends on what size family you’re cooking for and how much space you really need. Think of the meals you’re going to cook. Will you need multiple racks to cook multiple birds or cuts of meat? Most people have families, so multiple racks and a generous amount of internal cooking room is preferred by most people.
2. Wood Chip/Bisquette Capacity
Every smoker will have a wood chip and bisquette feeder that makes the smoke feature come alive. Make sure that it has an adequate capacity to last for hours of smoking without the need to add more.
3. Remote Control
The latest craze in food smokers these days is a remote control. Not only can you adjust the temperature comfortably while sitting down, but you get better control over the final product. Remote controls are able to keep the temperature, smoke amount, and timing under your complete control.
4. Internal Viewing Window
This is a feature that’s become quite popular in food smokers. It allows you to keep an eye on your meals without having to open the door and let heat escape. As long as you keep them clean, you’ll be able to see the progress of your food without disturbing the temperature inside.
5. Thermometer Quality
This is one determining factor that you can’t overlook. A thermometer is necessary so you can get the meat/food to the perfect temperature and have it remain consistent through the cooking process. If it doesn’t have a good thermometer, you’re simply wasting your money on a grill that you can’t use.
6. Affordable Price
Price plays a part in the quality of the smoker you’re going to buy. You don’t have to buy a smoker that costs thousands of dollars in order to get a quality unit. Instead, look for the ballpark price most of them are selling for and base your purchasing power on that. Chances are you’ll encounter a smoker that’s both affordable and high quality. That brings us to our next point.
7. Brand Name Reliability
Price is definitely not the determining factor in quality, the name brand really is. If you want to ensure you make a wise purchasing decision, consider the company you’re buying from. Brand names like Weber, Masterbuilt, and Bradley are great name brands to buy from. They are made to exacting quality standards and come with warranties. You don’t want to buy from a no-name company when the purchase costs a few hundred dollars.