Best food processors can help you make a great variety of different meals, and is one of the most treasured appliances in the kitchen. There are many different food processors on the market today, but not all of them are worth the money.
In this lens, we’re going to be taking a look at what you should be looking for in one of these products. We’re also going to be listing three food processor Reviews that we think are really worth it.
With the information in this guide, you’ll be able to make a smart purchasing decision. The items we’re listing have a great Amazon review score, and that’s important.
Best Food Processors In 2018 – Compared
16 x 13 x 9
10.2 x 8 x 17.8
24 x 12 x 24
Food Processor Reviews In Details
Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 Food Processor Review
This 600 watt, 9 cup food processor is well received by pretty much everyone who’s tried it. The stainless steel design makes it easy to keep clean without any hassles, and the 9 cup mixing bowl is virtually shatterproof.
This food processor will provide years of trouble free mixing, and the mixing bowl goes in the dishwasher, making cleanup a snap.
The extra large feeding tube allows you to fit whole food pieces into the machine without chopping them. This speeds up prep time and allows you the freedom to get more done. This is a good way to eliminate the need for other appliances in the kitchen. No more endless chopping! A simple flip of the switch and this food processor will have you ready to prepare world class meals.
When mixing dough, the speed automatically adjusts itself for the perfect consistency. There is an included recipe book and even a DVD that shows you how to use it. So if you’re ready for a food processor that TV chefs swear by, consider picking up the Cuisinart Prep Plus 9 Cup Food Processor. It’s a good value for the money.
- 600 Watt Motor
- 9 Cup Lexan Mixing Bowl
- Stainless Steel Finish
- Cuisinart Supreme Large Chute Feed Tube
- Total Of 4 Blades/Discs
- How To DVD
- 3 Year Limited Processor Warranty And 10 Year Limited Motor Warranty
- Can slice and chop items without pureeing
- Highly recommended by home cooks and professional chefs
- Make homemade breadcrumbs, mince herbs, chop cooked meats into bite size pieces, make salsa, and much more!
- Bigger mixing bowl than older models – Allows easy food prep for a whole family
- High Quality – Makes a great replacement for worn out food processors
- Surprisingly powerful at only 600 watts
- Handle part has to air dry because a towel doesn’t fit
- Multiple pieces have to be assembled when changing blades
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor Review
This is one of the most capable food processors on the market today. The Breville BFP800XL is everything you need to make kitchen creations that will be remembered for years to come.
The included 5 multifunction discs and 3 included blades make for a variety of different food possibilities. All these blades and discs make for a great value that’s really tough to beat.
There are 24 different variations to the cutting discs, which is amazing to say the least. Customize your slicing efforts from .3 mm all the way up to a super thick 8.0 mm in width.
Most vegetables and fruits can be fit into the 5.5 inch super wide chute without cutting, making preparation faster than most other food processors. The mixing bowl holds a total of 16 cups and comes with a 2.5 cup mini bowl accessory.
The 1200 watt motor on this unit is one of the strongest in the industry, and if you think it’s cheaply made, think again! The Breville BFP800XL comes with a 25 year warranty on the motor. Aside from that, they’re is a 1 year warranty on the rest of the unit to keep you safe from factory errors.
- 1200 Watt Induction Motor
- 16 Cup Bowl Capacity Along With A 2.5 Cup Mini-Bowl
- 5 Cutting Discs and Three Blades
- Count Up And Count Down Timer
- 1 Year Warranty On The Processor – 25 Year Warranty On The Motor
- A total of 5 discs (Julienne, Adjustable Slicer, Grating and Shredding, Emulsifying Disc, and French Fry and Vegetable Disc)
- Three blades (Micro Serrated S Blade, Dough Blade, Mini-Processing Blade)
- Mini-Bowl allows you to make smaller portions conveniently
- Super large 16 cup capacity bowl is exactly what you need for larger meal blending/slicing/pureeing operations
- Highly recommended in the Amazon reviews
- 1 year replacement warranty keeps you safe from factory defects
Blades get hot after continued use, but this happens with all food processors. You must be careful not to burn your hands on the blades
One report of dough being beaten too hard by the powerful motor
Braun Multiquick 3 K650 Kitchen Machine Review
With a 600 watt motor and very quiet functionality, the Braun Multiquick 3 K650 represents the Braun brand name well. The variable speed motor, complete with 14 different speeds, allows you to make each blend the perfect consistency.
The bowl features a safety lock system that keeps the lid on at all times during operation. You won’t have to worry about it coming loose and flinging food everywhere. The 9 cup bowl capacity is plenty for most meal preparation projects.
There’s also a variety of attachments to increase the usability of this food processor. There’s even a dough hook that will knead up to three pounds of dough at one time.
The creamer attachment provides perfect whipping action every time, eliminating the need to buy store bought cream. Rounding out the feature set is a fine slicer, fine shredder, coarse grater, cheese grater, and citrus juicer.
Overall this is a highly rated food processor that’s well worth the money. It comes with a 1 year limited warranty, and all the parts are dishwasher safe, making cleanup even easier.
- 600 Watt Motor
- 14 Variable Speeds
- 9 Cup Bowl Capacity
- Variety Of Attachments
- Dishwasher Safe
- 1 Year Warranty
- Braun kitchen equipment lasts a long time – There are reports of previous Braun food processors lasting nearly 23 years!
- Lightweight design is an improvement over older, heavier models
- Dependable construction with strong cutting discs that are built to last
- People say they like the Braun food processors better than most Cuisinarts
- Outperforms the cheaper models by a landslide
- The several included blades allows for a wider variety of meal preparations
- Allows you to buy multiple additional accessories like a french fry insert for perfect fries
- Grating cheese is a breeze and allows you to evenly create parmesan granules
- Citrus juicer accessory works very well to get you the most juice out of your citrus fruits
- Occasionally requires stirring to get the food fully blended
- A few people think this food processor is too lightweight
Food Processors Buying Guide
So you’ve finally made the decision to get a food processor! Great! Now check out the contents of this buying guide for some fantastic information that will help you get exactly what you need.
Not all food processors are created equal, and through reading this guide you’ll be able to get one that not only suits your life, but one that will last for many years as well. Here are the buying factors you should be aware of.
1. Motor Wattage
Wattages vary greatly between the different models and manufacturers. Anywhere from 600-1200 watts is ideal for a food processor. Usually, the size of the processor will determine the wattage. Bigger food processors will have higher wattages, while smaller units will have less.
2. Bowl Size
The size of the food processing bowl will determine how much food you can process at a time. Most food processors are between 9-16 cups. Depending on your needs, you should air on the side of caution and choose a bowl size that is a little bigger than you think you’ll need. Having too small of a bowl means that food processing tasks will take more time.
Great food processors will have a variety of different attachments that you can use to blend any number of fantastic dishes. Some attachments include mini bowls, whipping blades, chopping blades, citrus juicers, and more. The more attachments you have, the more types of food you can prepare, thereby increasing the value of the food processor. For example, with the whipping blade tool, you can make your own homemade cream instead of having to buy it at the store.
4. Sealed Bowl
A sealed bowl is able to prevent leakage and overflows. The top lid makes it easy to keep all your food contents from spraying everywhere or flowing over the top. Not all food processors have this feature but it’s one you should look for.
5. Variable Speeds
This is an essential component of any high quality food processor. Variable speed settings make it easy to chop, blend, puree, knead dough, and complete other tasks. The more speeds, the better. Food processors with around 14 speeds work well and give you the widest variability of what you’re able to accomplish. Other food processors will automatically increase or decrease the speed for the task at hand.
6. Amazon Reviews
While we may have mentioned this before in other buying guides, we can’t stress enough just how important it is to thoroughly read the reviews at Amazon. If the product you’re considering is frequently defective or has other signs of not being a good product, you’ll know it through the user reports. On the flip side of the coin, you’ll be able to see the glowing reviews if the product is truly worth buying.
Warranties are great to keep you safe from factory defects. Should the food processor you purchase be damaged in some way, you can always return it for a refund. Look for at least a 1 year warranty on any product you’re considering.