HVLP stands for High Volume Low Pressure, and there’s many paint sprayers on the market today that can be a painters dream come true. Before actually shopping for a Best HVLP Spray Gun, you should know what to look for and what makes a paint sprayer truly great. You have to be careful what manufacturer you choose to ensure you get the best deal.
In this lens, we’re going to be taking a look at four different Best HVLP Spray Guns that we found to be a great deal for the money. After reading this article, you should have a better overall understanding of HVLP paint sprayers and how they work.
There’s a big difference between HVLP and airless paint sprayers. An airless paint sprayer can handle thick latex paints as well as thin sealers and stains. They produce a professional finish without costing an arm and a leg. HVLP paint sprayers can handle lacquers, latex, and stains too, but there’s more. The difference between the two paint sprayer types, airless and HVLP, is basically the PSI at which they function. An airless can reach PSI pressures of 2,800 or more, while an HVLP will produce much less PSI, in the range of 1.50-2.63 PSI, somewhere in that area.
So, if you’re trying to decide which paint sprayer you need, remember that PSI is the major difference between the two. It makes a big difference in how the finish turns out and what materials you’ll be able to spray. A lower PSI means less overspray, but a lower PSI can’t spray certain materials.
Best HVLP Spray Gun Comparison
14.5 x 9.5 x 11.5
18.5 x 12 x 12
9.4 x 7 x 3.1
6 x 5 x 9
4 Best HVLP Paint Sprays
Fuji 2803-GXPC – hvlp spray gun review
With an adjustable fan pattern that lets you select the size of the spray, you’ll love the Fuji 2803-GXPC Mini-Mite 3 HVLP Spray System with Gravity Gun. The fluid components inside the sprayer are all stainless steel, preventing any rust from forming.
The handle is guaranteed to never get hot and is very well insulated. This spray gun won’t bleed and blow dust around everywhere, which is great for people who experience this problem with other sprayers.
The included air cap and 25 foot hose with a control knob means less overspray, and rest assured that this is one of the more powerful HVLP sprayers. It operates at about 6 PSI, which is strong enough to spray the great majority of known coatings as long as they’re properly thinned. It comes with a heavy duty metal case, and is both as portable and powerful as the other sprayers in its class.
An improvement over previous models of the Mini-Mite, this one features noise reduction.
The pattern control knob allows you to adjust the spray size to your exacting measurements, and the three stage turbine motor is super durable and easy to maintain. Finally, the 25 foot hose provides most people with all the room they need to do a fantastic painting job. This is one of the best HVLP sprayers on the market, and as you can see from the Amazon review score, it received a full 5 out of 5 stars.
- 3 Stage Turbine Motor
- Pattern Control Knob
- 25 Foot Hi-Flex Hose
- Stainless Steel Interior Construction
- 20 Page User Manual
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Handles thick paints well
- Sprays material faster than a air compressor unit will
- Finish quality is better than a compressor unit
- Metal encased turbine feels durable and solid in your hands
- Comfortable to use and highly adjustable
- Holds up to many hours of continuous use
- Almost ready to use right out of the box
- 1 Quart gravity feed can or 1 Quart syphon feed can available – Increased versatility in the field
- Smooth and consistent results – Well worth the money
- A bit noisy
- Hose end washer can fall out, so keep a close eye on it
Wagner 518080 – hvlp spray gun kit
Wagner has been a highly reputable name in the painting industry for years and they always have great products for sale. Consider the Wagner 518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer for all your painting needs and you might not ever look back again. Many people have tried this model and are really impressed with the results.
The two stage turbine motor can spray latex paints as well as stains and lacquers, and it comes with variable air pressure control to reduce overspray and give you greater accuracy. The 20 ft air hose gives you a fair amount of reach and allows you to paint on ladders and other higher up areas. With three spray patterns to choose from, you can select the right pattern for nearly every job.
Included flow control allows you to get down to detail work or increase the spray volume for larger projects. The included air filters prevent surface marring and keep the paint or other material you’re spraying in pristine condition.
Overall, it’s a very capable HVLP paint sprayer that gives you a smooth and even finish, every time.
- 1.50 – 2.63 PSI Twin Stage Turbine Motor
- 1 Quart and 1 1/2 Quart Cups Both Included
- Adjustable Spray Nozzle – Round, Vertical, or Horizontal patterns
- 20 Foot Hose
- Replacement Air Filter
- 1 Year Warranty
- Surprisingly powerful performance with a lightweight construction
- Easy to clean
- Paint fences, chairs, and a wide variety of other projects with this sprayer
- Clean up with this Wagner is a breeze
- High quality painting with a super low price tag
- Uses less paint than airless paint sprayers, saving you a lot of money on big jobs
- Able to spray 160 feet of baseboard in about 3 minutes!
- Does a superb job on doors and trim work
- Too much dilution can make the paint run
- Some people don’t like using the small capacity for large projects
Black & Decker BDPH400 – High Volume Low Pressure paint sprayer
When you need a High Volume Low Pressure paint sprayer at a fair price, you should consider the Black and Decker BDPH400 SmartSelect HVLP Sprayer. It’s got a super low price tag and a number of professional features, which is pretty surprising for it being a low cost sprayer.
You can take your pick of thin flowing materials that do well with a low PSI, and horizontal, vertical, and round spray patterns are easy to accomplish with the SmartSelect Spray tip.
The included 20 foot hose allows you enough room to walk around comfortably with the sprayer, and it has a small and lightweight construction that makes portability easy. As far as HVLP sprayers go, Black and Decker is a name that many homeowners put their complete trust in.
If you’re still concerned about whether or not this is a good deal for the money, check out the review score. 4.5 out of 5 stars is excellent, and this is generally a really good indicator of overall product quality.
- SmartSelect Spray Tip – Vertical, Round, Horizontal
- 1.5 Quart Side Fill Canister
- Flow Control Indicator and Knob
- Pour/Thinning Assist Bucket
- 20 Foot Hose
- 2 Year Warranty
- Capable of accomplishing pretty much any task you throw at it
- Build quality is exceptional for the low price tag
- Paints round, horizontal, and vertical patterns with ease – You’ll be amazed by the precision
- Even people with limited experience in painting can achieve incredible results the first time out
- Simple to take apart and easy to clean
- Saves lots of time over painting with a paint brush or roller
- Flow varies between 2 and 3 PSI – Unlike competitor models that only reach 1.50 – 2.63 PSI
- Side fill canister allows you to refill without taking the sprayer apart
- Higher quality than even some of the more pricier models
- Smaller paint holder requires you keep an eye on and refill your paint supply continuously
- As with all sprayers, you have to watch for overspray
You may not have heard of the name brand Rockler before, but this is a pretty good HVLP spray gun that we think you should consider. It has three different spray patterns: Round, horizontal, and vertical. It comes with a viscosity cup that allows you to accurately thin the materials you’re working with. All in all, it’s a good gun for a fair price.
We checked the reviews on this gun and most people had nice things to say about it. When it comes to a products quality, you can always find accurate information in the Amazon review section. That’s how most people decide on buying a product, and we think you should too.
What this Rocker HVLP Spray Gun lacks in looks, as it is kind of plain looking, it makes up for in performance. You can buy separate containers for this spray gun so you can rinse out the first one or swap sealers, paints, and finishes. All in all, it’s a good deal for the money, and the most important parts are made of metal, not plastic.
- HVLP Spray Gun
- Two Application Spray Needles
- Metal and plastic construction
- 15 Foot Hose
- 1 Viscosity Cup
- Operating and Cleaning Instructions
- Main components are brass and plated metal
- Applies finishes and stains with excellent results
- Cleans up well with a proper effort
- Buying extra containers to go with it can allow for all day spraying
- A great many finishes will turn out looking like their from the factory
- Adjustable flow setting allows you to get a handle on the flow amount
- Even people with limited skill can get the results they desire most out of a paint sprayer
- Some pieces are plastic