An easy way for parents who seem to struggle with creative ways to bath their little ones is by utilizing an inflatable tub. Specific attention is required when you are bathing an infant.
It is important that you assist your little one and this requires two hands. Inflatable tubs are great because they offer padded sides so even if your little one is not totally balanced, they won’t get hurt and also they usually have cup holders so you can easily store and access shampoo and baby wash.
You should choose your baby tub with safety in mind as well as ease and comfort for your baby. Because of the padded sides on inflatable tubs, they prevent slips. The plastic on these tubs are a safe non-toxic plastic which allow your little one to get into a natural position to relax and soothe them.
Your baby can also rest their little fit on the bath walls with this create design and rest their back on the contoured tub back piece. Below are four recommended inflatable baby bathtubs for you to review.
Inflatable Baby Bathtubs Reviews 2018
Safety 1st Kirby Inflatable Tub Review
The Safety 1st Kirby Inflatable Tub is great for when your little one has outgrown their infant tub. It is made with inflatable material that is soft and comfortable for your baby as well as prevents them from slipping. You can hang it up after on the while to drip dry or to store.
- Comes with a recessed drain plug
- Easy storage or drip dry since it can hang on wall
- Comfortable and soft material for baby
- Ideal for baby
- This inflatable tub is great and only takes a couple minutes to fill it with the adequate amount of water for your little one to bathe in.
- You do not have to worry about them losing their balance a little since the sides are soft and will allow them to bump against them.
- This is the perfect item for transitioning your baby from the newborn bath seat to your bathtub.
- It does not use a lot of water and if your baby happens to tip over, they will not hurt their head and because it is small, it is hard for them to even get in a position that might be dangerous.
- You can feel safe bathing your baby in this as it does not require much water to bathe them and as mentioned, the sides are comfortable.
- It will fit snuggly in your tub and will not move around. After, you can drain it with the plug to let the water out.
- The only negative is that the plastic on this is not very durable and it is easy to split a seam. This can be easily fixed though with a raft or pool repair kit that you can get at a sporting goods store. It patches up sturdy, but still annoying which needed to be mentioned.
Other than this, the Safety 1st Kirby Inflatable Tub is perfect for getting your little one into the tub and is why we rated it our first pick for inflatable baby bathtubs.
Sesame Street Inflatable Bathtub Review
The Sesame Street Inflatable Bathtub is ideal and the perfect size for little ones. It is an air cushioned tub that provides a back piece which is supportive to help you maneuver your little one around while giving them a bath.
There are 2 pockets on the front of the tub to store and access bathing supplies quickly and easily. Also, there is a hook attached that is made for hanging and drying. Easily deflates for travel or storage too.
There is no need to dread bathtime any longer as this inflatable safety tub is equipped with everything you need to wash your little one more and worry less.
- Deflates easily for travel or storage
- Store bathing accessories easily in compartments
- Hang dry after with hook
- Wash with water and mild soap
- This tub really is adorable and does not have a plastic smell to it like others do.
- If you are traveling and end up with a hotel room that only has a shower, this tub is perfect so you can still bathe your baby and its more sanitary too.
- The compartments are great and make it quicker and easier to bathe your baby and have them in and out of tub.
- Once you deflate the tub, it will fit easily into your suitcase and allow you to have a place to bathe your little one on trips.
- Inflating it is fast and easy and only takes a few minutes.
- One big drawback to this tub is it does not have a drain. You cannot just pull a plug and have the water drain out of it. You have to actually get your child out, dry them, dress them and then come back and dump the water out yourself.
- It can get a bit heavy too when you have a few gallons of water in it so just having to tilt it to dump it every time makes you wonder what the wear and tear on this will be and how fast.
Because of this we have rated the Sesame Street Inflatable Bathtub our second choice for inflatable baby bathtubs.
Secure Transitions Inflatable Baby Tub Review
The Secure Transitions Inflatable Baby Tub is the largest and most comfortable inflatable tub you will find on the market. It gives your baby more room to grow and is super cushy.
The jumbo, soft tub will keep your baby secure and it makes shampooing simple with the contoured headrest.
It offers unique pockets to hold all your baby supplies and keep them close while you are bathing your little one. It is made for babies who are able to sit up on their own up to around 24 months.
- 2.2 lbs.
- Measurements on this are 11 1/2 x 9.9 x 1.9 in.
- Your baby will have plenty of room to bath and play around and this tub should last you a long time too.
- It is really large and very strong and is the perfect transition from an infant tub to your bath tub.
- It is also much safer than trying to balance them in your own tub which can be slippery.
- It fits perfect and snug in your bathtub and no matter what way your baby tips, they will have the comfortable inflatable sides to land on without hitting their head or falling into water.
- It inflates easily and also drains just as easy if you put it in the position that was indicated by the instructions.
- Bath time for little ones can be very active with sitting down, standing up and flopping all over splashing around.
- This tub is perfect with built in bumpers that will keep your baby safe while they are having fun.
- When draining, the plug occasionally gets pulled back and covers the opening, however, you can wedge a little bath toy there to keep it open.
- Also, there is just a single suction cup on the back of tub so it is recommended that you use a nonskid bathmat underneath this tub.
Other than this, great tub which is why we rated the Secure Transitions Inflatable Baby Tub our third pick for inflatable baby bathtubs.
Disney Garanimals Inflatable Safety Baby Bathtub Review
For those parents who typically struggle with bath time, the Garanimals Inflatable Baby Bathtub will take that struggle away and help you to wash your baby more and worry less.
It has cushioned material that is soft and comfortable for your little one and provides a back piece for extra support. It also includes big storage pockets as well as a water temperature display which makes bathtime a breeze from start to finish.
Once bathing is done, you can air dry this tub easily with the provided suction cup. It also deflates easily for family trips or storage.
- Easily store or take on trips as it deflates
- Includes a supportive headrest and backrest for simple shampooing
- Provides additional support with the ribbed base
- Comes with handy storage pockets that are large and made for shampoo, soap or washcloth
- Ideal for babies 6 to 18 months
- Your little one will just love the colors on this tub and will be very comfortable in it too.
- It will fit snuggly in this bathtub which will prevent any movement should your baby wish to splash around in the water.
- There is even a holder for the shampoo making it easily accessible during bathing and once done there are those hooks so you can hang it up after for drying and keeping it out of the way.
- It is fairly deep enough to be enjoyed, yet small enough so your baby does not fall backwards.
- It can be a bit challenging to fill it up with air. You can use an air pump, but might have to finish blowing it up yourself.
- Also, there is no drain plug on it to empty it out after and if you fill the tub more than halfway, it can be a little heavy when trying to drain.
Because of this we have rated the Garanimals Inflatable Baby Bathtub our fourth pick for recommended inflatable baby bathtubs.