Nail guns are frequently used at construction sites and by wood workers across a wide range of professions. If you’re in need of a best nail gun, whatever the type, you’re in luck!
This article is going to help educate you on what to look for in a nail gun and how to figure out what you really need. Also, this article is going to list three best nail gun reviews we think are really worth the money. We’ve done the hard part for you.
We’re listing the three best products we could find, with the highest Amazon rating, to make the shopping process an easy and stress free experience.
Best Nail Gun In 2018 – Compared
21 x 5 x 15
11.5 x 3.5 x 11
21.8 x 4.2 x 13.4
Best Nail Gun Reviews In Details
PORTER-CABLE FR350B 3-1/2-Inch – Full Round Framing Nailer
Porter-Cable is quickly becoming one of the newest and most revered names in the area of construction work. This 2 to 3 1/2 inch framing nailer has enough raw power to get you through tough work conditions and allows you to get the most work done in the least amount of time.
Designed to work with round head framing nails, it holds a total of 64 in the included magazine. An included nail lockout feature lets you know when it’s time to reload. It also has adjustable drive depth to ensure you always drive the nails the proper depth.
To use this Full Round Framing Nailer, you have to have an air compressor with at least 70-120 PSI. The internal piston ensures that your nails are driven hard and true, each and every time. The body is also compact and balanced, allowing for easy all day use at a weight of only 8.1 lbs.
And if you’re not convinced that this is one of the best tools you’ll ever use, the Amazon review score says it all. 4.5 stars out of 5 across a total of 109 reviews. Truly a gem.
- 2 Inch To 3 1/2 Inch Framing Nail Compatibility
- Magazine Holds A Total Of 64 Nails
- Operates Using 70-120 PSI (Requires Air Compressor Not Included)
- Restrictive/Contact Actuation Modes
- 1/4 Inch Air Fitting
- Carrying Case
- The use of this gun can inspire your confidence to tackle even more household jobs
- Contact actuation mode allows you to fire a nail upon contact with wood
- A 2 HP, 6 gallon air compressor has more than enough PSI for this gun
- 17 piece accessory kit is available to further extend the amount of projects you can do
- Change from sequential to restrictive fire easily using the trigger
- Sinks 3.5″ nails with no problem
- A fantastic combination of quality and value
- Easy on the wrists during prolonged positions
- After firing 250,000 3.5″ nails, this gun didn’t jam once!
- Gun stops firing when you’re down to two or three nails
- Could potentially waste nails
DEWALT DC608K 18-Volt 18-Gauge 2-Inch – Cordless Brad Nailer
This is one of the best cordless brad nailer on the market. No doubt you’ve heard of DeWalt. They are one of the most reputable companies in the world for creating power tools.
Simply put, if you’re not using DeWalt to get the job done, you’re really missing out. This brad nailer will take brads from 5/8 to 2 inches in length and drive them as fast as 5 per second. It weighs in at a total of 7.4 pounds, making for easy all day use.
The 18 volt Ni-Cad battery has a long life span between charges, and the straight sealed magazine holds an impressive 110 brads.
This is a great brad gun for plywood, hardwood, softwood, and sheet material. Carpenters and other wood workers will love the high performance functionality. With this gun you get depth control, the ability to easily clear jams, safety trigger, and belt hook. It also comes with a storage case and safety glasses.
This is the tool you need to have if you frequently work with 5/8 to 2 inch brads. The quality of this tool is top notch and the price is right.
- 18 Volt Ni-Cad Battery
- 110 Brad Straight Magazine
- One Hour Charger
- Storage Case
- Safety Glasses
- 3 Year Warranty
- Did fantastic in the Amazon review section – 4.5 out of 5 stars across 29 reviews
- Will last many years and is a tool that ends up paying for itself
- Engine is fast enough to keep up with intense nailing sessions
- Easy to remove jambs without using tools
- Can fire nearly 1000 nails on a single charge
- Great for wood trim work and cabinet building
- Accidental nail firing is not an issue thanks to the safety features
- 18 volt Ni-Cad battery eliminates the need for air compressors and hoses
- 18 volt DeWalt batteries are interchangeable with other DeWalt tools
- This gun provides amazing holding power after driving the brads
- A few reports of jams
Hitachi NR83A2 Round Head 2-inch to 3-1/4-inch – Top Rated Framing Nailer
Hitachi is another well known name in the area of nail guns. So what does this top rated framing nailer have to offer?
This framing nail gun is designed to be used with a 70-120 PSI air compressor (not included). It will drive 2 to 3/14 inch nails into floor and wall framing quite easily, and is also ideal for subflooring, wall sheathing, roof decking, and modular home construction.
The quick load magazine allows you to reduce downtime and improve performance in the field. It holds 64-70 nails and has dual firing options for precise or continuous driving.
It features adjustable depth control so you’re always able to make adjustments on the fly. It weighs a total of 7.9 lbs to allow easy usage even through continual workloads. Together with a soft rubber grip, it eliminates the cause of hand cramps to begin with.
This gun also comes with a five year warranty and a pair of safety glasses to protect your vision. Money invested in this nail gun is money well spent. Even under normal wear and tear, it will last for years of trouble free use.
- 2 Inch To 3 1/4 Inch Nail Compatibility
- Requires 70-120 PSI Air Compressor To Function (Not Included)
- Magazine Holds 64-70 Nails
- Total Weight – 7.9 Lbs
- Soft Rubber Grip
- Safety Glasses
- 5 Year Warranty
- A true framing gun, designed to meet the constant demands of professionals
- Works great to perform toe nailing
- Able to save you tons of money! Allows you to perform DIY projects without needing to hire a professional!
- Nearly indestructible design resists damage and extends the lifespan
- This gun will perform flawlessly, year after year, nail after nail
- Blows away the competition through its durability, performance, and overall cost
- Requires an air compressor to function
- A report of the gun catching on work surfaces
Nail Guns Buying Guide
First off, get your wits together and prepare to learn something new. If you’re new to the nail gun market, then this should be an educational experience for you. By the end of this article, you’ll know what to look for in a best nail gun and how to go about choosing one.
1. What Type Of Nail Gun Do You Need?
The term “nail gun” is used loosely by wood working professionals to describe the entire genre of framing nailers, brad nailers, staplers, and finish nailers. What type of “nail gun” will you be needing? This is the first thing you should figure out before shopping for one. Once you know this, you can move on to the other buying factors.
2. Battery Type
The type of battery your nail gun comes with will ultimately determine how much work you can get done over the course of a day. Generally, you’ll be needing more than one battery so that you can recharge one while the other is in use. The battery voltage is usually 18 volts, which offers the best combination of light weight, power. and lifespan that professionals need to get the job done.
3. What About Compressed Air Nail Guns?
Other types of nail guns work with compressed air, so you may also need an air compressor to go along with the nail gun you purchase. Each work situation is unique to the person and will require that you know what will work out best for you.
Compressed air nail guns are able to work at a steady pace with incredible power and precision, but the need to haul the compressor around with you might be a deal breaker. That’s where the beauty of battery pack nail gun really comes in handy.
4. Magazine Capacity
The magazine that comes with the nail gun you choose should hold an adequate amount of nails to allow you to work continuously. Without a generous magazine, you’ll be wasting time in the field constantly reloading. Generally, a magazine that holds from 60-110 nails or brads is great.
5. Intermittent Or Continuous Firing
Being able to switch between intermittent or continuous firing is ideal for work site scenarios. Sometimes you’ll need to be able to fire with precision, which is where intermittent is best. Other times, you’ll want to continuously fire a barrage of nails in a continuous fashion, which is where continuous fire works best. Look for this functionality in the nail guns you consider.
6. Manufacturer, Warranty, Amazon Review Score
Who makes your nail gun has a lot to do with how long it will last. Great companies these days for nail guns are DeWalt, Makita, Hitachi, Porter-Cable, WEN, Stanley Bostitch, NuMax, and more. You should also look for nail guns that have a good warranty period to ensure that you don’t fall victim to factory defects. A good warranty period is from 1-3 years.
Finally, the Amazon review score is one of your greatest assets in being able to find products that are really worth it. You can learn a lot from other buyer experiences and ensure that your investing your money in a product that’s going to last. Look for at least 4 stars in any product you purchase.
Related Posts :