Turkey frying can bring a wealth of nutritional benefits to a home. People just love turkey and when you home fry it, it always turns out better than when you buy at a store.
There is just something amazing about home fried turkey, and with a taste that’s unlike anything else, you need good equipment to make it happen.
In this article, we’re going to be looking at what you should be looking for in best turkey fryer and three products that are worth your hard earned money. We took the best three turkey fryer reviews we could find on online and are listing them on this page.
- 1 Best Turkey Fryer In 2018 – Compared
- 2 Best Turkey Fryer 2018 Reviews
- 3 Turkey Fryers Buying Guide
Best Turkey Fryer In 2018 – Compared
15.4 x 15.3 x 13.7
16 x 16
23.5 x 20.8 x 16.3
Best Turkey Fryer 2018 Reviews
Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional Series Electric Turkey Fryer Review
For people who want an all inclusive unit that does everything easily, the Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer is exactly what you need. Tons of glowing reviews on Amazon accent the easy to use features. With a stainless steel exterior and porcelain inner pot, you can be assured of a nearly effortless frying experience. The 1,650 watt heating core gets the oil to frying temperature in less than 30 minutes!
And because this fryer uses 33% less oil than competing brands, you don’t have to worry about overspending. This fryer is capable of frying turkeys of up to 14 lbs. The built in drain clip makes draining this unit quick and easy, no fuss! The cord can be hidden away as well.
The total measurements of this fryer are 15.7″ X 14.2″ X 14.6″ (Width, Height, Diameter)
Best of all, this fryer comes with a 90 day limited warranty to keep you safe from defects.
- 1,650 watts of frying power
- Oil heats up in as little as 30 minutes
- Uses 33% less oil than leading competitors
- Saves money
- Frys turkeys of up to 14 lbs
- Built in drain clip
- Stainless steel exterior and porcelain coated inner pot
- Cord compartment for easy cord storage
- Looks great in a kitchen setting – Professionally designed.
- Included view window so you can watch your turkey fry.
- Easy to set temperature regulator.
- Not just a turkey fryer! Make a variety of meal ideas – Corn dogs, fried fish, french fries, doughnuts, fried ice cream, apple turnovers and more.
- Includes a built in filter to reduce debris and cooking odors.
- Easy to move a turkey or other food dish to a platter without a splattery, oily mess.
- New cooks may have to train themselves to use the unit effectively.
- A few people have complained of somewhat dry meat.
Bayou Classic 32-Quart Stainless Steel Turkey Fryer Pot Set Review
You don’t always have to have a electric or infrared fryer to fry a turkey. This Bayou Classic 32-Quart Stainless Steel Turkey Fryer Pot Set does the job of frying a turkey or other food through using the stove. The 32 quart pot does a great job of frying turkey, chicken, and more. It can also steam and boil your favorite foods to perfection.
Included in the package is a 32 Quart Stainless Steel Stockpot, Stainless Steel Lid, Perforated Poultry Rack, Gab Hook, 12″ Thermometer, and Perforated Basket. It’s the perfect stove top companion for frying pretty much any food you can think of. You can even remove the perforated basket to increase the frying capacity of the pot.
This is great for people who don’t have a problem using their stove to heat oil, and the stainless steel construction makes clean up quick and easy. It has the strongest perforated basket on the market, allowing you to do more with less.
- 32 Quart Stainless Steel Pot And Perforated Basket
- Stainless Steel Lid
- Poultry Rack
- 12″ Thermometer
- Gab Hook
- Heavy Duty Handles For Easy Transport
- Vented Lid
- Unlike aluminum fryers, it’s made of stainless steel. That means no aluminum leaching into your food.
- No lingering odors to worry about.
- Cleanup is as simple as washing it in the sink.
- Also functions as a steamer and boiler.
- Great value for the price.
- Huge capacity for the biggest turkeys and other foods.
- Lasts nearly forever with no electrical parts to worry about burning out.
- Fry three chickens in 20 minutes.
- Great for all kinds of foods, the possibilities are endless.
- Takes more preparation than an electric or infrared model.
- Can use a lot of oil and gas to get to desired temperature.
Char-Broil The Big Easy Infrared Turkey Fryer Review
If you want a turkey fryer that can get the job done without using any oil, then you need the Char-Broil 10101480/08101480. It’s The Big Easy Oil-Less Infrared Turkey Fryer! In the package comes the fryer, cooking basket, lifter, meat thermometer, and a cooking guide to get your on your way to frying great meals in minutes.
Accommodates turkeys of up to 16 lbs and does a great job with other large cuts of meat such as pork tenderloins, beef roasts, chickens, and more. This fryer is a great and healthy alternative to using oil for frying. It’s safe, easy, and uses convective heat to thoroughly cook and fry a turkey to perfection.
The burner is 16,000 BTU and will require a propane tank to use. This is for the outdoors only and weighs in at a total of 30 lbs. The double wall cooking chamber will ensure that your meat stays moist and tender, just the way it should be!
- Patented infrared technology.
- Holds turkeys up to 16 lbs.
- No cooking oil needed!
- Much easier to use than traditional fryers.
- Made specifically for outdoor use.
- Cylindrical double wall heating chamber.
- Compact size.
- Uses propane.
- Very affordable cost saves you money when you couple it with all the new meal ideas.
- Cheaper to use than oil based fryers – Uses propane.
- You won’t be able to tell the difference in quality over oil fried birds.
- Takes only 15-20 minutes to assemble out of the box.
- Enjoy crispy outside and moist inside when cooking meat!
- People on Amazon love this product – Tons of glowing reviews.
- Use drippings for gravy and sauces.
- Cleanup is incredibly simple and easy.
- It may take some training to get used to cooking with it.
- A few people say it’s hard to get the turkey out of the basket.
Turkey Fryers Buying Guide
It seems like more and more these days, people are cooking at home more than they’re going out to eat. It’s easy to understand why! A turkey fryer can pave the way for all kinds of turkey based meals, and if you want the best of the best products, you have to know what to look for. Let’s take a look at the factors you should be considering before making that turkey fryer purchase.
1. Electric, Stand Alone, or Infrared?
When choosing a turkey fryer, you’ll be faced with choosing a stove top, electrical powered, or oil-less infrared type. Both the stove top and electrical types use oil, of course, to fry the turkey, but some designs use a internal electric power source while others make use of the stove. Both work well, but it’s up to you to read the reviews and decide which will be better for you. The infrared type doesn’t use any oil at all and instead uses infrared technology to fry the bird. Some people like this type more because it doesn’t splatter and there is no oil to dispose of.
2. Manual Temperature Controls
Some electric turkey fryers will come with manual temperature controls. This is helpful to manage the fact that oil heats up quickly and retains heat. That means temperatures could get out of control if you don’t have a manual temperature control setting with your fryer. This is definitely a feature to look for if you’re an inexperienced chef.
This is a consideration for people who want to cook more than one turkey at a time. If this sounds like you, then consider an oversized cooking receptacle that will accommodate more than one bird. However, for most frying purposes, you’ll find that a 28-32 quart pot or fryer will work out well for your needs.
This is definitely a consideration for most people shopping for a turkey fryer. The cheaper a fryer is, usually the less durable and worthy it is. Most quality turkey fryers will be just under 100 dollars, making for an inexpensive way to fry turkey that will pay for itself in terms of what it will add to your meal preparing regimen. Don’t overspend, but be realistic too. Nearly 100 dollars is the perfect amount to spend on a turkey fryer.
5. Buy From A Solid Manufacturer And Read the Amazon Reviews
Some of the best manufacturers of turkey fryers these days are Masterbuilt, Bayou Classic, Char-Broil, Waring, Cajun Injector, and more. If you read the accompanying Amazon reviews, you’ll be able to see real world experiences of people who have actually purchased the product. Don’t rely on blind faith when making a turkey fryer purchase.