When you have lots of woodworking jobs, steel drilling, plumbing or electrical works, you need a sturdy drill-driver like Makita BDF452HW vs Makita BDF452 to help you in your purposes.
That is why the Makita series of cordless power tools are greatly recommended for you. Makita has in assortment quiete a few industrial tools that will help you to completete your tasks faster and easier.
Makita BDF452 and BDF452HW are similar tool kits, and that is why people often can not decide which product they should chose. Keep reading and you will learn about the most important features of both products and differences that set them apart.
Keep reading to learn more!
Makita – Leading Power Tools Manufacturer
If ever you need a heavy duty driver-drill that operates with brute force, these tools are not great choices. However, these can handle regular to medium tasks.
They offer convenient ways to do your jobs since they are cordless. Also, these equipments are easy to use and have batteries that last longer.
Makita is one of the leading manufacturers of industrial tools and accessories. They are known for their quality equipments that come in compact designs with added energy efficiency features. SO, if ever you are looking for any tool for your woodworking, steel works and others, Makita have industrial-quality power tools that will satisfy your needs.
- 3 Year Warranty for the Makita Lithium-Ion tool
- 1 Year Warranty for Lithium-Ion batteries and chargers
BDF452HW and BDF452 Common Features
The Makita BDF452HW and Makita BDF452 are cordless driver drills with several similar features. But, they also have differences because the Makita BDF452HW is a step ahead of the latter when it comes to charging time.
Let’s see the powerful features that both tools have in common.
- Makita-built 4-pole maximum torque motor
- 2-speed all metal transmission (0-450 RPM in low speed, 0-1500 in high)
- Delivers 285 in.lbs PTI torque and 450 in.lbs Max torque
- Compact design
- LED light for proper illumination
- Ergonomic grip
With these features, the Makita cordless tools are well suited for a wide range of applications that need drilling and driving.
BDF452HW vs BDF452 Differences
The deciding factor between the two models would be their weight and battery time.
That being said the only difference between this kit (BDF452) and the BDF452HW is the color(white vs blue), the plastic grip around the chuck, and the batteries.
The BDF452HW includes 1.5 ampere hour batteries, where this kit includes the 3.0ah batteries, offering twice the runtime.
If you can deal with a shorter, but still surprisingly good, runtime, you can save about $100 and go with the BDF452HW.
Makita BDF452 Kit
The ease of use of cordless tools extends also to having a comfortable workspace where you don’t have to look where you go so you don’t trip over any wires.
- 18 V LXT Lithium ion batteries
- Weight: 4.1 lbs with battery
- Charging time: 30 minutes
1. Makita BDF452 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Driver Drill
2. two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries
3. 30-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger
4. tool belt clip
5. tool case
This tool also operates on batteries. That means you have to charge it every now and then. It doesn’t make use of the old Ni-Cd battery technology that lasts for only a short period of time but it uses the more advanced Lithium Ion technology.
1. 18 V LXT Lithium ion batteries
2. Weight: 3.5 lbs with battery
3. Charging time: 15 minutes
1. Makita BDF452HW 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Driver-Drill
2. two 18V compact lithium-ion batteries
3. 15-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger
4. tool case